ADVERTISEMENT

Christian schools

Big Whit

BGN Hall of Fame
Dec 22, 2004
I was at a local football game the other night which a Christian school was playing. I was getting a little ill at a local dentist who was making fun of people and saying some things that I didn't seen right to be coming from a Christian schools fan. But it seemed like it didn't bother anyone around him. My question is if you root for a school like that shouldn't you at least act the part? It seemed more of a social click than a Christian school.

Big Whit, unfortunately not everybody who goes to Christian schools or their sports events aren't necessarily Christians just as not everybody who goes to Notre Dame is Catholic, not everybody who goes to SMU is Methodist, and POSSIBLY not everybody who goes to Ole Miss is an A-hole.

Really Big Whit if you were that offended you should have said something other than that let it go.

Most of the worst people I meet are Christians on the same note most of the best people I meet are Christians as well.

All groups have good and bad. Just make sure you are living up to the same standards you expect of others. You do this and you live a respectable life.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
This post was edited on 8/31 3:02 PM by Funkyfedoras

Originally posted by Funkyfedoras:
Most of the worst people I meet are Christians on the same note most of the best people I meet are Christians as well.

All groups have good and bad. Just make sure you are living up to the same standards you expect of others. You do this and you live a respectable life.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
This post was edited on 8/31 3:02 PM by Funkyfedoras

Outstanding post. Totally agreed.

Amen, my kids probably go to the school you are speaking of, and I would not change their exposure they are getting at that school for nothing, and yes Christ is the center of their day, it's the parents who don't go there on a daily basis, that might need to be a little more Christ like, however then we get into casting stones, and sticks in our own eyes, and Lord knows I am not perfect.

I realize its a good school or it wouldn't be growing. They pay their teachers well also. Lot of good kids there. The problem wasn't with the school but more of the parents there. Just don't know how you get a kid to do something you don't. Most were good there just that dentist and his friends.

Big Whit, you seem to enjoy stiring the pot these days. Tomorrow lets talk about Abortion, then politics on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT