ADVERTISEMENT

chicken hawk hypocrites

THOTH

Starter
Dec 10, 2002
Talk about chicken hawk hypocrites...that's these left wing nuts.
Barack Obama their hero bombs Libya.
ohwell.gif
Where are you Hollywood ? George Clooney, Sean Penn, Dixie Chicks ?
Yeah Gadhafi is a bad egg, but so was Saddam and the Taliban.
The Europeans who hated the US during Bush now are pro war ?
This post was edited on 3/20 11:09 PM by THOTH

Actually I am hearing a mixture from them. Some are hypocrites and are just going with the "if Bush does it I hate it, and if Obama does it I like it" line, while some on the far left are sticking to their anti-war line. Most of those are so anti-war though that they would probably not want to do anything if some country killed a couple of thousand US troops on a foreign base. They would say we should not have been there and our soil is not threatened. Most are supporting Obama from both sides. I just don't like that there is no clear stated objected with no exit plan. Obama make Carter look strong and decisive.

I think you are correct.
Cindy Sheehan, to her credit, is still anti-war. But she is to the left of Obama...scary !
furious.gif

Yep...Jimmy Carter was a smart man compared to Barack Obama. I don't wish to hear anyone proclaim how intellectual this dude is. Many who voted his way continue to consider him cultured & eloquent.
nerd.gif

Remember this quote during the Bush years??????? Bet CNN won't play this sound bite:
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
HMMMMMMM

To be fair, we aren't the ones who initiated the deal with libya. This started with the UK, Lebanon, and France proposing a resolution to the UN. Yea, i know we are pretty much leading the military operations right now, but i don't expect that to continue much longer. Its extremely interesting to see the day to day developments happening in the middle east right now. Tunisia and Egypt already achieved success in ousting long time ruling families and with UN backing i won't be surprised if Libya succeeds as well, although its going to be a lot messier than the others. Also, keep an eye on Syria, protests are increasing there and could lead to a similar situation like Libya. The ruling government there has proven many times in the past they are fine with killing civilians.

LowEagle11, UN backing means nothing. The UN is a joke. What mattered is when the countries like France and the UK decided to do something. And then later Mr. "I can't make up my mind" Obama finally decides to help out too. The problem now is that there is no clear cut end result stated, and no exit strategy. I haven't heard anyone say what the end game is here for us.

The assumption here is that the United Nations existed to promote peace.
rolleyes.gif
I guess I had that all wrong. It seems that the UN is into nation building.
Back during the Bush years I recall news stories of Europeans despising the USA, because we are the bully to the world. These Europeans, we were told, were much too wise to endorse such foolish wars in the Middle East. We were told that W Bush and his cronies were wrong to force "freedom" and "democracy" on the Middle East and that the US was forcing our values on the tip of a sword. What in the devil is the UN now doing ?
uzi.gif
....forcing their values via the sword. We Americans were the world's #1 villain by dropping *love bombs* on Iraq or Afghanistan. Now it the the *peace loving* UN who wishes to drop *love bombs* on Libya.
By love bomb, I mean bombing people for their own good...in order to give them "freedom" or "democracy". We love these Middle Easterners so much that we are willing to kill them if necessary.
blackeye.gif

It all comes down to this...who calls the shots. The left and the United Nations hated George W Bush only because he wouldn't let *them* call the shots in Iraq.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT