ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Costas SUX...

Larryseagle

BGN Pro Poster
Oct 4, 2006
Uranus
typical dweb who knows nothing about gun control. Like Belcher could not get a gun. Belcher was a three time all star wrestler. He could snap your head off and then jump off a bridge. Typical liberals.

Originally posted by Larryseagle:

typical dweb who knows nothing about gun control. Like Belcher could not get a gun. Belcher was a three time all star wrestler. He could snap your head off and then jump off a bridge. Typical liberals.
Did he snap her head off and jump off a bridge or did he shoot her?

Canada has gun control and shootings are way down! Trouble is stabbings are up 500 percent!

O J used a knife and I am so glad he did not pull the trigger on himself. SARCASM
This post was edited on 12/3 6:20 PM by Larryseagle

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
Originally posted by TyndallsTacos:
I think you missed the point.
I don't think he did. Also I own tons of weapons, but got no problem with strict gun control laws.
You also missed the point.
Well why don't you break it down for me. Seems to me more sheep just trying to politicize an issue instead of trying to solve or offer real solutions.

This post was edited on 12/3 6:35 PM by TyndallsTacos

Why are the mods NEVER around for the REAL OT topics that have NOTHING to do with USM????

Plus....everyone and their grandmama knows where "THE HUB" is.....yet, folks wanna post in this forum I guess so they can get a "here here!" or something

Disgusting

Which gun control proposal would have prevented what happened? I don't think there was an assault weapon involved. People with volatile personalities should refrain from owning handguns. People who own guns should know that you don't pull them out to deal with their wives/girlfriends. He wanted her dead and would have found a way to accomplish it. He wanted to die and found a way to accomplish that.

a9nwv8icaaezsnu.jpeg

Did you listen to the whole piece, costs was quoting from an article written by Jason whitlock who writes for Kansas city paper. Don't hate on costas for just reporting on what was written by someone else. Agree or disagree with what Whitlock wrote, this country needs to address violence with guns epidemic.

buy ur guns now boys Hotrock and his president will try taking them from u shortly.. BTW Innswood does not own a gun, but am thinking about purchasing one.

Originally posted by Eagle96:
Did you listen to the whole piece, costs was quoting from an article written by Jason whitlock who writes for Kansas city paper. Don't hate on costas for just reporting on what was written by someone else. Agree or disagree with what Whitlock wrote, this country needs to address violence with guns epidemic.
Agreed sir. Well spoken. I don't own a gun, don't want to take anyone's gun away, but we have a problem with gun violence. The discussion needs to start, soon!

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
Agreed sir. Well spoken. I don't own a gun, don't want to take anyone's gun away, but we have a problem with gun violence. The discussion needs to start, soon!
Problem is most people don't want to have an honest discussion. They would rather continue to toe a party line(either party) and not seek real solutions. Just like any other issue in this country.

"I am a ___________ because of 3 major issues and that Rush Limbaugh/Rachel Maddow are idiots"

I would rather get behind young leaders like David Seaman who are not afraid to speak out against both parties and the corruption that fuels them. People who really want to protect your freedoms, money and rights.

Click here for David Seaman

I got one for ya. You're gonna love this. Wait for it... You have more gun freedoms now, under Obama, than you did the day he took office.

Just blew your freaking mind, didn't I?

Now go back to the Hub where you belong.

Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.

If the girlfriend had been carrying, she could have shot the crazy sob first.

I don't think he did. Also I own tons of weapons, but got no problem with strict gun control laws.
Well why don't you break it down for me. Seems to me more sheep just trying to politicize an issue instead of trying to solve or offer real solutions.

THe point was simple. Psychotic killers aren't going to become loving Sunday school teachers if you outlaw guns.

Hell, I'll chime in before this thread gets tossed. It's not about partisan politics to me. It's about basic Constitutional rights and my wanting to stand up for the document upon which this country was founded. We are already overly regulated and we have, in my opinion, an overly intrusive government as is. I agree that there is too much violence in this country, yet I think education and job creation solves more of the problem than gun control. Just my 2 cents......

THe point was simple. Psychotic killers aren't going to become loving Sunday school teachers if you outlaw guns.
I never said I wanted to outlaw guns. I probably own more than most on this board. Try again.

Originally posted by LegalEagle0906:
Hell, I'll chime in before this thread gets tossed. It's not about partisan politics to me. It's about basic Constitutional rights and my wanting to stand up for the document upon which this country was founded. We are already overly regulated and we have, in my opinion, an overly intrusive government as is. I agree that there is too much violence in this country, yet I think education and job creation solves more of the problem than gun control. Just my 2 cents......
I can get on board on this. I don't want to take any ones guns away, but I got no problem with waiting periods and stricter punishment for carrying an unregistered fire arms.

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
Violence rises along with unemployment. So does suicide. Americans are suffering right now with high unemployment, low wages, price gouging at the pump and grocery store, among other things. It's a tough time to be an American. We're all feeling the pinch, and desperate people do desperate things. People wanting to solve violence are looking at the wrong place by trying to take away guns.

I never said I wanted to outlaw guns. I probably own more than most on this board. Try again.
lol. I would, but you obviously aren't very smart if you STILL can't grasp the OP's point.

LE,

There is a difference between smart gun laws and wanting to outlaw guns totally. I am smart enough to be open to debate and not group all gun laws into "outlawing guns".

Originally posted by creighto4:

Canada has gun control and shootings are way down! Trouble is stabbings are up 500 percent!
Bingo! You take away one weapon and they'll use another. The only solution is to have serious penalties for using weapons in an illegal manner.

England has very strict gun control laws. Private citizens have difficulty acquiring firearms for protection. As a result, many thieves in England simply walk up to a residence, ring the bell and smack the owner with a bat when they answer the door. Then, they clean out their house. They can do this without fear because the citizens don't have guns to defend themselves.

i have no problem with reasonable restrictions for the purchase of weapons, but that isn't a solution. It's simple a barrier to rapid acquistion. If the criminal wants a gun, he can aquire it on the streets for a premium price.

LE,

There is a difference between smart gun laws and wanting to outlaw guns totally. I am smart enough to be open to debate and not group all gun laws into "outlawing guns".
You STILL are missing the point. Outlaw guns. Don't outlaw guns. Make them harder to get. Make them easier to get. Stiffen penalties. Loosen penalties. NONE of that matters. and NONE of that would make an ounce of difference in crime statistics. Crazy people are still going to be crazy. Killers are still going to kill people. Trying to politicize guns is ignorant, and just a deflection away from the REAL problems that we face as Americans.

LE,

You STILL are missing the point. Outlaw drugs. Don't outlaw drugs. Make them harder to get. Make them easier to get. Stiffen penalties. Loosen penalties. NONE of that matters. and NONE of that would make an ounce of difference in crime statistics. Drug users are still going to use drugs. Drug users are still going to get high . Trying to politicize drugs is ignorant, and just a deflection away from the REAL problems that we face as Americans.
Would you agree with how I edited your post? By the way I agree with your post to an extent and do feel it is accurate when discussing drugs.

This post was edited on 12/3 9:16 PM by TyndallsTacos

Originally posted by Larryseagle:

While I disagree with what Bob said I believe he has a right to his opinion. By the way using his logic we should not be allowed to buy cars since people kill each other in those things. .

You STILL are missing the point. Outlaw drugs. Don't outlaw drugs. Make them harder to get. Make them easier to get. Stiffen penalties. Loosen penalties. NONE of that matters. and NONE of that would make an ounce of difference in crime statistics. Drug users are still going to use drugs. Drug users are still going to get high . Trying to politicize drugs is ignorant, and just a deflection away from the REAL problems that we face as Americans.
Would you agree with how I edited your post? By the way I agree with your post to an extent and do feel it is accurate when discussing drugs.

Drugs were not illegal before 1972. And they shouldn't be now. It should never be illegal for someone to put something in their own body.

Originally posted by ArmyEagle:

Drugs were not illegal before 1972. And they shouldn't be now. It should never be illegal for someone to put something in their own body.
Not sure we are in disagreement.

LE,

Depends on what drugs you're talking about. I'm fine with pot. Just voted to legalized here in Colorado. But anything else? No way.

Just for the record, there is no correlation between crime and the economy. That's one of the few things I remember from my statistics classes. I did a paper on it, looked up the data myself, and put it in the ole dreaded mini tab program myself. It's one of those things that everyone assumes is correct because logically it makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT