Oct 3, 2007
lurk.gif

i did not see a thread but....
i pick

jones
franklin
belfort

who do you guys like?

Jones *Well, mainly because he just won in the 2nd round and completely dominated*

Franklin

And Silva

Originally posted by jebaroo:
i pick

jones
franklin
belfort

who do you guys like?
ok..
won jones
lost franklin
i would have picked silva but i lost the last time
i picked the champion in the main event so i am sticking
with belfort
This post was edited on 2/5 11:12 PM by jebaroo
This post was edited on 2/5 11:14 PM by jebaroo

i pick

jones
franklin
belfort

who do you guys like?
ok..
won jones
lost franklin
i would have picked silva but i lost the last time
i picked the champion in the main event so i am sticking
with belfort

This post was edited on 2/5 11:12 PM by jebaroo

silva knocks out belfort with a front kick to the face in the first round

Originally posted by hbriteup:
never bet against Silva.....
Seriously.

I've been keeping up with him for about his last 8 fights or so. He's way too dominant. He's literally embarrassed people in half the matches I've seen. He's got elite level striking and counter-striking skills. No one really comes even close to matching it. He's also really good on the ground but never has to use those skills because he demolishes people while standing up.

For people saying MMA is boring because they just lay on the ground, then they need to check out guys like Anderson Silva and others with similar stand up styles. They are much more entertaining than the wrestler/submission types.

This post was edited on 2/5 11:49 PM by USM08

Originally posted by hbriteup:
never bet against Silva.....
sonnen had silva beat BADLY for 4.5 rounds....silva won with a triangle in the last 30 seconds.... but silva did win...at that point silva looked beatable....silva claimed he had injured ribs before the fight and fought against doctor's advice...after tonight, i believe him

sonnen had silva beat BADLY for 4.5 rounds....
One thing to consider is that Sonnen also failed a drug test after that match... Just read about that today. Kinda makes Anderson's unusual bad showing in that match not that big of a deal to me.

Bad thing is I guess it wouldn't surprise me if half or more were juicing or something. Crappy thing about sports is you can't really trust anyone from cheating and taking the lame low road with steroids these days. Would make me think twice about competing.

This post was edited on 2/6 12:50 AM by USM08

I was fighting the sleep monster and I got all the way up to seeing Silva walk down the aisle....

Just found a file of the Silva fight and man.....I would have been up ALL NIGHT if I had seen that knockout!!!!

Betting against Silva is like betting against Jordan. Not wise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT