ADVERTISEMENT

46% of MS republicans think interracial marriage should be illegal...

LowEagle11

All Conference
Dec 28, 2007
facepalm.jpg

Source

I guess everyone is entitled to their point of view. One has to wonder if that means simply black/white, or does that also include white/Asian or white/Hispanic ? black/Asian or black/Hispanic or Asian/Hispanic ?
I'm tongue tied !
wink.gif

There does seem to be a double standard. Junior can bring home a wife from Korea or Mexico, and few seem to care.

Unbelievable. As a conservative (I gave up being a Republican) I think this is repulsive. I thought that Republicans were supposed to be for Liberty and Freedom. I guess not.

Thoth, im thinking that most who were polled were thinking of black/white. Thats just a guess though. I was also thinking that number may be more of the older generations influencing the results and the younger people don't feel that way, but i was wrong. If you look at the last chart on the pdf, 54% of 18-29 year olds believe interracial marriage should be illegal. I wish this survey had asked about same-sex marriage, i would love to see how ridiculous that number would be for MS

An interesting statistic is how inter-racial marriage breaks down.
black/white....75% are black male, white female
white/Asian....75% are white male, Asian female
Why is that ? If we are to suppose that inter-racial couples represent
a certain color-blindness, would not those figures be about 50/50 ?

Everyone here may want to do a little research on Public Policy Polling before you take anything they put out too seriously.

Originally posted by Lanny Mixon:
Everyone here may want to do a little research on Public Policy Polling before you take anything they put out too seriously.
I have, never saw anything that would lead me to believe the results were questionable. Care to enlighten us?

Originally posted by LowEagle11:
I have, never saw anything that would lead me to believe the results were questionable. Care to enlighten us?
#1 - They questioned 400 people. Hardly a legitimate sample size.

#2 - Who did they question? What do they consider "hardcore Republicans"

#3 - Do you think it's just a coincidence that a liberal polling agency comes out with these "statistics" in a state where a certain Republican governor is considering a run for president?
This post was edited on 4/14 2:33 PM by Legendary Eagle
This post was edited on 4/14 2:34 PM by Legendary Eagle

PPP is extremely liberal, and they admit as much. They try to claim that their polls are unbiased, but anyone with half a brain can see right through them.

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
#1 - They questioned 400 people. Hardly a legitimate sample size.

#2 - Who did they question? What do they consider "hardcore Republicans"

#3 - Do you think it's just a coincidence that a liberal polling agency comes out with these "statistics" in a state where a certain Republican governor is considering a run for president?
This post was edited on 4/14 2:33 PM by Legendary Eagle
This post was edited on 4/14 2:34 PM by Legendary Eagle
1. Actually, when you see national polls for topics such as presidential candidates and other popular topics, the sample size is typically around 1000. So 400 for just republican primary voters in MS seems like an acceptable number.

2. The poll asked 400 poeple who usually vote in the republican primaries.

3. Im aware PPP is considered liberal. Im sure if a group with no bias conducted the same poll the numbers would be different, but im guessing not by much.

This doesn't need to turn into another pointless democrat vs republican thread... (I hate both parties btw).
This post was edited on 4/14 6:09 PM by LowEagle11

This doesn't need to turn into another pointless democrat vs republican thread...
Then don't bait people with blatantly biased poll results from a left-wing group that's pushing their own agenda. I lived in MS for 27 years, so I know that poll is absolute garbage.

Well...I've lived here for 31 years (missed a few years here and there) and live here now. I've dated interracilly, as in black/white. Liberal poll or not, the numbers don't surprise me. And speaking in general, white male/black female couples are more acceptable to those of us that don't approve. The stares, angry looks and mumbles grow tiresome. Not thats its a everyday occurrance, but its often enough so that you don't forget.

WDAM is running the same poll now, it will be interesting to see the numbers, although I think (hope) they will be better.

Here's some info on polling that I found interesting. It's not just the way a question is phrased that influences the results, its who asks it. Researchers have found that in blind testing that the same question asked by Republicans and Democrats will get different results slanted toward their party. A person cannot help themselves. So all an organization has to do is have their own staff ask the question and the results are biased toward their side. The only way to get it right is to have a half and half group asking the questions.

Take a different subject, abortion. If you have 20 pro-abortion pollsters ask a question of 1000 people they will get different results from 20 pro-life pollsters. The best way is to mix the two groups and have both polling. Of course many groups are not interested in what the polls actually show, they know what I just mentioned and want to push their agenda. So they do polls that slant their way.
This post was edited on 4/20 9:59 AM by PIREagle

Great point PIREagle.
When taking a poll, it seems all too easy to get the desired answer.

The numbers reflect poorly on the state in general.

Did I miss it, or do they not care what Dems in MS think of it too? However, when it comes to poll shaping, they could produce one that reflects more positively if they favor the subject group by having persons not of the same race ask the question. Poll shaping is very easy.

Marriage has become less of a prerequisite to children. About 70% of African American babies are born outside of the parameters of marriage. The idea of waiting until after graduation or career goals has also become more antiquated. In a politically progessive sense, the village is now expected to raise a child. biological fathers are now allowed to further explore their sexuality in other avenues. The mother too is no longer shackled by oppressive social mores.
So...in my opinion, Mississippi is with the 21'st century when it comes to inter-racial families. It is quite common for white women to not only give birth to African American babies, but to also raise them in the African American tradition.
wink.gif

This post was edited on 6/7 1:19 AM by THOTH

Originally posted by s-ou-thern:
The numbers reflect poorly on the state in general.

Did I miss it, or do they not care what Dems in MS think of it too? However, when it comes to poll shaping, they could produce one that reflects more positively if they favor the subject group by having persons not of the same race ask the question. Poll shaping is very easy.
They probably did. The first questions was most likely "Do you consider yourself a voting Republican or Democrat". The Demo answers probably didn't fit their agenda, so they didn't report the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT