ADVERTISEMENT

2010 looking great for Republicans

THOTH

Starter
Dec 10, 2002
In a little over a month, Americans go to the polls and things are looking grim for the Democrats. Looks as if Obama will have less friends in Washington next year. Rights now the projections are that the House will be taken by the Republicans. Nancy Pelosi will relinquish the speakers position and a Republican will replace her.
In the Senate, the Democrats are expected to lose a seat in Pennsylvania ( Arlen Specter's), North Dakota, Indiana, Colorado, and Arkansas, with Feingold of Wisconsin, McMurry of Washington, Reid of Nevada, and Boxer of California in "toss up" races. Plus Obama's old seat in Illinois is also a toss-up. No seat currently held by the GOP seems likely to change over. The US Senate will likely be close to 50/50.
lurk.gif

Might even end up with some hard core conservatives with balls enought to repeal or not fund the messes the pompous communists bastards have saddled us with - jam this sucker in reverse not just slow down the leftward drift.

Originally posted by Mao Tse-gore:
Might even end up with some hard core conservatives with balls enought to repeal or not fund the messes the pompous communists bastards have saddled us with - jam this sucker in reverse not just slow down the leftward drift.
hard core conservatives worry me almost as much as hard core liberals lol.

So LowEagle, the hardcore conservatives (like me) want to:
1. lower taxes to stimulate the economy and create jobs, and will bring in more money in more taxes as demonstrated by Bush, Clinton, Reagen, and Kennedy.
2. Abide by the constitution. Out founding fathers put in where congress had the only power to pass laws. Now judges and even the EPA is doing that when the Dems can't get it through congress. These people are unaccountable to we the people.
3. We are going bankrupt with our out of control spending. They want to get it under control. If we don't do it now, it will get nasty when we are forced to do it later.

So what are you scared of them doing? Lowering taxes to stimulate the economy and create jobs, abiding by the constitution, or reducing spending so that we don't go bankrupt?

Originally posted by Tampa Eagle:
So LowEagle, the hardcore conservatives (like me) want to:
1. lower taxes to stimulate the economy and create jobs, and will bring in more money in more taxes as demonstrated by Bush, Clinton, Reagen, and Kennedy.
2. Abide by the constitution. Out founding fathers put in where congress had the only power to pass laws. Now judges and even the EPA is doing that when the Dems can't get it through congress. These people are unaccountable to we the people.
3. We are going bankrupt with our out of control spending. They want to get it under control. If we don't do it now, it will get nasty when we are forced to do it later.

So what are you scared of them doing? Lowering taxes to stimulate the economy and create jobs, abiding by the constitution, or reducing spending so that we don't go bankrupt?
No need to get riled up. I was just making a funny comment. When it comes to the economy i side with republicans a large majority of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT