ADVERTISEMENT

With the ts(s)un both without coaches, will it help recruiting?

They're feeling the pain we felt when the Hat left. It is reality that MS universities are not a coaches' final destination. There are a lot of big time coaching destinations. I expect if and when Hop wins this conference, Hop will be gone as well. At least the schools up north will have coaches by then. I'm betting they go after UABs Clark. Maybe we can then beat UAB again.

You really won't know anything about Oxfart until the sanctions are announced this week. I think if Luke doesn't get a show clause they might keep him until the sanctions are over with.

The OM situation is interesting. They have to hold on to their interim coach until Maxwell's velvet hammer falls on OM. Last year Illinois took the interim tag off of Bill Cubit and signed him for two years. Illinois then fired their AD, then fired Cubit, then hired a worse coach in Lovie Smith. Who understands these things!

They're feeling the pain we felt when the Hat left. It is reality that MS universities are not a coaches' final destination. There are a lot of big time coaching destinations. I expect if and when Hop wins this conference, Hop will be gone as well. At least the schools up north will have coaches by then. I'm betting they go after UABs Clark. Maybe we can then beat UAB again.

we may be in the same position this time next year.

Hallman left after 3 years
Fedora left after 4 years
Monken left after 3 years
Hopson - his 3rd year is next year and returns a lot of talent, including a very good QB (if he plays him like he SHOULD) and an even weaker schedule than this year. So its all laid out right in front of him.

Ole Miss probably made the right play, all things considered. Land Kiffin could have been a good fit there, and would bring a household name to recruiting.

MSU seems to sell the MSU brand, not so much the Dan Mullen brand. They can afford to make a conservative hire. State does not have to make a splash to be able to recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT