ADVERTISEMENT

Whatley announced as the starter...

Can Jack play? They need to put him in. We have a shot in this game. They should alternate. I think it would rattle this defense.

Whatley did a pretty good job today, especially since our O-line is awful! Marshall was in the backfield almost every play. Personally, I don't think Abraham has a D-1 arm. It's clear to me Abraham isn't going to win us many games. Let the freshman learn and prepare for the future.

Reactions: sprint-draw gandy!
Whatley did a pretty good job today, especially since our O-line is awful! Marshall was in the backfield almost every play. Personally, I don't think Abraham has a D-1 arm. It's clear to me Abraham isn't going to win us many games. Let the freshman learn and prepare for the future.

Exactly. Jack's weak arm limits the offensive play book and results in Ints. No business playing D1 QB.

Can Jack play? They need to put him in. We have a shot in this game. They should alternate. I think it would rattle this defense.
I'm not sure we're watching the same player. Abraham is hardly D-1 material and if you think he will "rattle" a defense when he comes in, well, that's just laughable.

They prepared all week for a running QB in Whatley. Jack is strictly a passing QB. Get it. They would have to change their entire defensive plan. Next week UAB will be preparing for Whatley and Jack will start that game. This should help our chances. Jack is much better at running this offense and understanding the playbook. Whatley won't throw for 300 yards this season. One day Whatley could be good running this offense, but I just don't think he has the same grasp of the playbook like the other QBs have. That has more to do with him getting a late start with his injury from high school holding him back. Next year should be a different story. He will have an entire offseason to get more familiar and comfortable running this offense.

They prepared all week for a running QB in Whatley. Jack is strictly a passing QB. Get it. They would have to change their entire defensive plan. Next week UAB will be preparing for Whatley and Jack will start that game. This should help our chances. Jack is much better at running this offense and understanding the playbook. Whatley won't throw for 300 yards this season. One day Whatley could be good running this offense, but I just don't think he has the same grasp of the playbook like the other QBs have. That has more to do with him getting a late start with his injury from high school holding him back. Next year should be a different story. He will have an entire offseason to get more familiar and comfortable running this offense.
Well....according to COACH HOPSON on the post game interview with Cox and Lee Roberts, when asked if they had to limit the playbook with Whatley in the game, and I quote, "No, we actually opened up the playbook with him in there." So I'll go with what the head coach said. I know you love your little QB, but he's not the answer. Again,his ONLY advantage over Whatley is experience/playing time. Whatley has a stronger arm, can run, and according to the coach knows the entire playbook.

Well....according to COACH HOPSON on the post game interview with Cox and Lee Roberts, when asked if they had to limit the playbook with Whatley in the game, and I quote, "No, we actually opened up the playbook with him in there." So I'll go with what the head coach said. I know you love your little QB, but he's not the answer. Again,his ONLY advantage over Whatley is experience/playing time. Whatley has a stronger arm, can run, and according to the coach knows the entire playbook.

Ha! Thanks for pointing out how dumb SouthernMiss3613's posts are. Looks like coach Hop confirmed what I have been posting about Jack all year. Jack LIMITS the offensive play book bc he cannot throw down field! The play book is nothing more than shovel, screen, quick slant. At least 85% of the passes with Jack are within 15 yards with most of those within 5 yards. Thanks coach for confirming what Ive been complaining about. Hop is the one to blame here for starting Jack over Griggs (like he did Keon too often last year) and running him off.

Reactions: EasyEagle
16 for 38. Shat. Why is this guy playing so early. Sprint doesn't understand football. Please stop commenting. You are terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT