ADVERTISEMENT

Week one SEC East loss probabilities...

I hope the Eagles pack the Rock. Remember this game represents the first non in state SEC team to visit Hattiesburg. I hope it is a victory in front of a sold out crowd. UK was in contention for the SEC East late into the season. I'd like to know how UK compares to last year's team. I know that USM will have a challenge at qb, just as long as it is nothing near the 2012 debacle.

I hope it is hot as hell and the Kentucky guys can't handle it. We should all be worried about our qb issues for this season.

I'm not sure what to expect with our QB situation. I know we can't just rely on our backs to make the offense run.

SMTTT

QB has to be dual threat and just not make mistakes. Don't have to win the game for us, just don't lose it for us. Limit turnovers. My concern is injuries.

In addition to the QB question I worry about the D. They showed flashes last year but got pushed around too much. Can't remember them putting togather a great 4 qtr effort. Better production from the MLB will help.

If you all remember me from last summer I was on here telling you all that I thought USM had a great chance of winning and of course I was right.

However different story this year. UK returns nine on defense and eight on offense, including almost all key play makers. Snell was a hidden talent at running back so he didn't get much playing time until later in the season, and he's expected to be one of the better running backs in the SEC. Also UK returns both QB's and most of their receiving core.

Defensively UK has one of the better linebacker units in the SEC, and secondary as well. The defense will be tough to move the ball on and will cause hell on USM's new QB in his debut.

All in all I am highly optimistic this year. UK should be a top 35 team, and may get ranked if they can get out to a 3-0 start which is possible. I am realistic, as last year I predicted a USM win, but this year I expect UK to win by double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT