ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to find positives

Oct 31, 2002
other than being positive that we looked bad and lost.

Ito had over 100 yards again.
Field goal unit looked good.
And with all the mistakes, bad play calling, horrible refs, etc., we were still in it at the end and had a chance to win.

Reactions: NueDaeEagle
Time to shake it off and move on. It was very upsetting to me because I had a glimmer of hope that this could be an undefeated season for us. I will say this, as long as I have been a fan we do not play well in the rain at all. When I saw that I changed my bet. I did not think we would lose I thought that we would not cover.

Time to shake it off and move on. It was very upsetting to me because I had a glimmer of hope that this could be an undefeated season for us. I will say this, as long as I have been a fan we do not play well in the rain at all. When I saw that I changed my bet. I did not think we would lose I thought that we would not cover.
No wonder, every time it sprinkles they quit practicing and run inside, at least they used to.

You can't put the late second quarter second half on the rain. First quarter yes. I don't think you can blame WX on the running back carring had the D on his back 8 to 10 yards. Or the 16 penalties. The "they played hard" cleshay is getting old. 99.9% of all D1 teams are playing Hard. You can play hard and be a bad team

Shit happens. We didn't play well in the first half....just like at Kentucky. We came back and just ran out of time. All we needed was about 30 more seconds. There are 2 play calls, both on that last drive, that baffled me. The first being that silly QB sneak....not sure WTF that was. The 2nd was the final play. You'd think they'd have come up with something a little more creative. But we put ourselves in that situation, we are only to blame. Hard to overcome that many turnovers. I'm still a bit optimistic about the season. I can only hope Troy is as good as they think they are. We shall see. As shitty as this conference is, we still have games (UTSA and La Tech) that we can easily lose......so prepare for it. On top of that, Western Kentucky looks good. Not sure we could beat them this year either.

I'm only saddened by that loss because I was hoping this year would be the year we might become relevant again. That's out the window as far as I'm concerned. We could win out and probably barely crack the Top 25....even with an LSU victory which isn't likely.

Shit happens. We didn't play well in the first half....just like at Kentucky. We came back and just ran out of time. All we needed was about 30 more seconds. There are 2 play calls, both on that last drive, that baffled me. The first being that silly QB sneak....not sure WTF that was. The 2nd was the final play. You'd think they'd have come up with something a little more creative. But we put ourselves in that situation, we are only to blame. Hard to overcome that many turnovers. I'm still a bit optimistic about the season. I can only hope Troy is as good as they think they are. We shall see. As shitty as this conference is, we still have games (UTSA and La Tech) that we can easily lose......so prepare for it. On top of that, Western Kentucky looks good. Not sure we could beat them this year either.

I'm only saddened by that loss because I was hoping this year would be the year we might become relevant again. That's out the window as far as I'm concerned. We could win out and probably barely crack the Top 25....even with an LSU victory which isn't likely.
agreed

Special Teams, penislties, 3rd down conversions. Pick one, if we were better on any one we would have gotten the W in that game. What I worry about more is a team that is really good on D 90% of all plays but looks like will give up 5-6 scores on big plays I the remaining 10%. That play where Troy scored in the South in Zone the WR was running free with no defended within 20 yards. Just like the UK game. It does not matter that you held them below 400 yards if you give up 30+.

Special Teams, penislties, 3rd down conversions. Pick one, if we were better on any one we would have gotten the W in that game. What I worry about more is a team that is really good on D 90% of all plays but looks like will give up 5-6 scores on big plays I the remaining 10%. That play where Troy scored in the South in Zone the WR was running free with no defended within 20 yards. Just like the UK game. It does not matter that you held them below 400 yards if you give up 30+.
I admit that I was foolish to ask if we could be a BCS buster this year. The Troy game was a disaster for us in effort, execution and efficiently. Perhaps this loss will benefit us if it is used as a motivational tool.
Give credit to Troy for the win.

I admit that I was foolish to ask if we could be a BCS buster this year. The Troy game was a disaster for us in effort, execution and efficiently. Perhaps this loss will benefit us if it is used as a motivational tool.
Give credit to Troy for the win.
I don't think you were foolish at all. Our schedule is favorable for us to go undefeated. The problem is that you have Houston in our way. That is all a moot point now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT