ADVERTISEMENT

Troy +10.........

Man it's like I've said before, this game is Troy's bowl game. This is about revenge from 2008 and the NO bowl. USM better be ready! This is a statement game for them. SMTTT

I couldn't believe that spread either. Hopefully, they used all their energy in the last game and come out flat against us. They will be on the road 2 weeks in a row.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...lemson-tigers-football-offense-deshaun-watson I think we get about 7 just for being the home team so I think the line is saying we are 3.5 to 4 points better than Troy. Hard to figure both teams. We have played two bad teams so are we good or did they make us look better than we are. Clemson struggled on offense in week one and struggled with Troy week 2. See attached link. Troy gave up 17 point to Austin Peay, 14 in the first half. Peay got a big play to score against us last year in the 1st quarter but had only 186 yards for the game (44 on that one play). AP was up 14-13 in the 2nd. So I am betting those first 14 points came against the first team. Yards were 285 to 700+. So for an FBS team to give up 2 first half TD to the AP team we saw last year is not impressive. On the other hand to go toe to toe with Clemson is an accomplishment.

Last edited:
we shall see. If we can beat Troy....I feel very confident in our upcoming schedule. Say what you will about Troy......but this is a BIG game for us too. As much as I hate to say that.

about what I expected. Troy is good.....unfortunately. We don't need to schedule games with them anymore. As a matter of fact, NO GAMES WITH F********** Sun Belt teams. just shows we are no better than that god forsaken conference. Jeez we have to get out of here. Makes the LSU game just a bit more meaningless. Hey we beat LSU....yeah but you lost to Troy.....whomp whomp

about what I expected. Troy is good.....unfortunately. We don't need to schedule games with them anymore. As a matter of fact, NO GAMES WITH F********** Sun Belt teams. just shows we are no better than that god forsaken conference. Jeez we have to get out of here. Makes the LSU game just a bit more meaningless. Hey we beat LSU....yeah but you lost to Troy.....whomp whomp

Dose of reality. CUSA is now the worst FBS football conference as the Sun-Belt now has multiple wins against CUSA teams this year (just this weekend even). CUSA teams won a total of 2 games this weekend, and that was against FCS teams. And we aren't as good as we thought after the Kentucky game. Kentucky blows and would be bottom 4 in CUSA this year. Marshall got destroyed and humiliated by Akron. The LSU game does not matter at all. The rest of CUSA games on our schedule outside of LA-Tech and Marshall all suck worse than us. Marshall might not suck worse than us, but still kinda suck. They may quit on their coach before our game. LA-Tech might stomp on us, they at least played respectable against Texas Tech earlier. We will end up in some bowl none of us really want to go too (lets be honest, all the CUSA bowls suck) against probably the number 2-3 Sun-Belt team (ark state or app state) and be in a dogfight.

It really really sucks to see how far we have fallen since the Louisville disaster in 2001. A lot of us fans still live in the time before that. In a time where USM was considered one of the top 2-3 teams not in one of the power (BCS at the time) conferences. We were the team everyone thought would be the first to break into a BCS bowl from the time it was formed. And time after time when we showed a spark to do so, we fell flat on our face against a team we should have beaten soundly. 2001 it was L'ville (folllowed by the entire team collapsing and sucking the rest of the season). 2002 and 03 we were given preseason accolades only to fall apart by week 3 (did rebound a bit in 03). 2011 it was the UAB game. Look at the teams we used to crush. L'Ville invested in coaches, recruiting, and facilities and passed us and went on to bigger and much better things. TCU came into CUSA and was on our level, then passed us by good recruiting and beating the teams they should have beaten and a few they shouldn't. Cincinnati which had done nothing in their history before beating us in 2001 after L'Ville crushed our spirits has gone on to play in 2 New Years bowls. And here we are, in a conference that a bunch of us still think isn't at the bottom of the FBS, but it is in reality, and we are getting beat by teams that 15 years ago wanted to be us. Its sickening.

And why not schedule games with them?? Did we not complain for years about Ole Miss and MSU not scheduling games with us (still do for Ole Miss by some fans) and blame it on us beating them? Why now not schedule a team because they beat us for the first time since 1935? We should schedule them! We just need to make sure to recruit good enough and coach good enough to beat their asses more often than not.

And why not schedule games with them?? Did we not complain for years about Ole Miss and MSU not scheduling games with us (still do for Ole Miss by some fans) and blame it on us beating them? Why now not schedule a team because they beat us for the first time since 1935? We should schedule them! We just need to make sure to recruit good enough and coach good enough to beat their asses more often than not.

That very attitude is why I don't think we should schedule them. You are comparing our plight with other state schools to Troys scheduling us???? Not even close. We are Colorado State to Colorado. Troy is 3rd tier team in a 3rd tier conference. We have far more history and respectability than Troy.

That very attitude is why I don't think we should schedule them. You are comparing our plight with other state schools to Troys scheduling us???? Not even close. We are Colorado State to Colorado. Troy is 3rd tier team in a 3rd tier conference. We have far more history and respectability than Troy.

History, yes. Respectability? Maybe historically, but not in the last 4 years or so its about even at best. We too are in a 3rd tier conference, and I wouldn't say our status is much above theirs right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT