ADVERTISEMENT

The Sun Belt was our lifeboat from...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
The sinking SS Conference DOA. It was an extremely wise choice and the only choice. Gentlemen, this move could have turned for the much worse and USM could have been a school without a conference. At this point CUSA as it were will beg NMSU, UMass, and any other program without a home to stop the bleeding. It won't work. Again this could have turned out much much worse for worse.

Thanks for the info. When the dominoes fell this time, they fell hard and fast. Conference USA s days are numbered, and the chickens have come home to roost due to extreme mismanagement and desire to band aid much more serious problems. In the end as far as USM is concerned, the Sun Belt teams caught up with USM and CUSA. At least our AD and President finally are being proactive. Again, this could have ended much much worse.

Reactions: sprint-draw gandy!
The sinking SS Conference DOA. It was an extremely wise choice and the only choice. Gentlemen, this move could have turned for the much worse and USM could have been a school without a conference. At this point CUSA as it were will beg NMSU, UMass, and any other program without a home to stop the bleeding. It won't work. Again this could have turned out much much worse for worse.
CUSA is irrelevant. Sunbelt is the best move. They've wanted us for years. The Sunbelt concentrates on good football not TV market

To this day, I don't understand the whole "market" strategy for advertising and distribution of a product. Dependance on linear cable television to see ones favorite team are long gone. Go back to the beginning of CUSA in 1995. Either you had to find a tv channel carrying your team or maybe a crackling AM radio broadcast. I spent many a Saturday in Mississippi trying to find an AM station that carried the Golden Eagles. Now the options are plentiful. I dare say that the Sun Belt will have more fans both home and away. I look forward to USMs new home. I have followed the Sun Belt since the 2001 Wyndam New Orleans Bowl when UNT took on Colorado State. The Sun Belt has better managed their conference and has boosted top 25 teams in football. Going to away games is now doable. Teams will no longer be so far away.

Reactions: JxCtyEagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT