ADVERTISEMENT

The St Louis Rams final player grades are out...

It's nice to see that Austin Davis got a decent grade from this reporter. I think a lot of the fans and sportswriters in St. Louis have a lot of respect for Austin. I don't think Jeff Fisher has much, if any. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Austin will be with the Rams next season. It's obvious Fisher never wanted him to be the starter, and only did so because he was receiving so much heat from the fans and local press after his good showing.

Fisher is already saying he wants Sam Bradford back next season. My guess is that the Rams will use their #10 pick in the draft to get a QB who will be designated the future franchise QB for the program. They'll keep Bradford, and Shaun Hill as the backup. With these three QBs, Austin Davis will be let go. As nice a guy as Davis is, I don't think even he would accept a "practice squad" position after reaching the level he has. Fisher doesn't want to take any chance again of feeling compelled to start Austin. If he has to start the 3rd string QB, he wants him to be the franchise QB. That way if the performance is bad he can blame his talented first round draft choice, and not be questioned about playing an undrafted free agent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT