ADVERTISEMENT

TAILGATING QUESTION IN HATTIESBURG (BUS FROM NOLA)

Aug 25, 2017
Couldn't post in Loyalty Board, Maybe one of y'all can put this question up - looking forward to it!

The Greater New Orleans UK Alum Assoc is taking a bus up to Hattiesburg and back with about 30 folks. We'll be up there around noon and rather than getting a big tailgate set up (contacted companies in H-burg, too expensive) we are just trying to find a decent spot - and maybe even just get dropped off at a bar near campus. I know of a couple possible places from some Southern Miss folks but can I get some advice from anyone that knows the lay of the land?

For the most part, tailgating on campus is first come, first served and most spots are open to anyone. If you can find some grass, put a tent on it.

You can also walk up to almost any Southern Miss tailgaters and they will hook you up. We want everyone to have a good time.

As far as the bars, most are not within walking distance unless you want a bit of a hike.
You've got Brewskie's on 4th street, down the street from campus, but I don't really know their operating hours, may be just at night (Patio 44 is pretty cool, next to Brewskies, more restaurant than bar). Branch and the Mahogany Bar are on Hardy Street across from Campus (but down the road with a lot of traffic). I think Sidelines on the north side of campus on 4th Street is open. It is within walking distance but there is little parking. Downtown Hattiesburg has some cool bars: The Porter, SoPro Tap Room, to name a few, but they are not near campus (a major flaw in the design of this town). Across Hwy 49 are some good restaurants too, Sakura, Glory Bound, La Fiesta, depending on your tastes.

Plenty of chain places all over the place too. You can google any of those names and find out more.

Safe travels and hope y'all have a great time in the Hub City!

Mugshots for a big group would be idea. Less than a mile from the stadium and a huge sports bar with 20 plus tv's . Should be great on game day.

I would agree about our folks being good hosts, you will have a great time on campus.
If I was coming to town with a group, I'd go to Mugshots. You should be able to call and reserve a back room. Several big screens showing the game, good food and plenty of alcohol. I've got a friend who drives Uber when you want to go to campus. The Eagle Walk starts at !.
Call me at 601-270-3968 if you have questions or need help. I will do what I can if I'm available, my wife has set up a busy calendar for that day.

Looks like we will be getting dropped off at Mugshots a bit after noon. Might be reserving a back room. Come one come all. Looking forward to a great day! Thanks for the tips. Will personally be going to SoPro after the game..

Jack

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT