ADVERTISEMENT

St. Stanislaus TE Chase Rogers

He never was interested in Southern Miss. We offered him a while back. Bigger fish to fry!

You haven't been paying attention to Gainer of Gauiter, Archie of Brandon, Mayberry of Clinton, Dabney of Jackson Calloway,Freddie Hartz of Morton, Tim Jones of Biloxi, and Dalmond Landry JUCO lineman. Rogers gambled in the recruiting game late and lost! Sykes should bumped to three star soon.

Kid made a 36 on ACT and decommits from Tennessee and now commits to ULLA! Seems legit!:) I think he and his family thought Texas with that new staff would make an offer.

You haven't been paying attention to Gainer of Gauiter, Archie of Brandon, Mayberry of Clinton, Dabney of Jackson Calloway,Freddie Hartz of Morton, Tim Jones of Biloxi, and Dalmond Landry JUCO lineman. Rogers gambled in the recruiting game late and lost! Sykes should bumped to three star soon.
Sykes is kind of a head scratcher, good size 6'3" 260 (rivals) 290 (247), looks good on film but depending on the site he has one or two D1 group of 5 offers. He may have just wanted to stay near home and limited has recruiting, he and his coach were tight lipped about offers and he has more than listed, he has qualification issues, or our coachs see talent no one else's sees. To me he seems better than his offer list indicates so I hope it not a qualification issue.

Signing day will be interesting. Seem to have more committed than spot available. Sure to be some drama. Hop and crew deserve a tip of the hat. I was part of the "not impressed crowd" on this class a few months ago but it appears they are finishing strong. In addition to getting the 3 star guys and higher profile guys, I like some of the lower profile guys that don't have a ton of offers.

Signing day will be interesting. Seem to have more committed than spot available. Sure to be some drama. Hop and crew deserve a tip of the hat. I was part of the "not impressed crowd" on this class a few months ago but it appears they are finishing strong. In addition to getting the 3 star guys and higher profile guys, I like some of the lower profile guys that don't have a ton of offers.
I wonder about the two or three on the commitment list that never came for an official visit. Hopefully we have a few nice surprises on signing day.

I wonder about the two or three on the commitment list that never came for an official visit. Hopefully we have a few nice surprises on signing day.
I think if they make an OV they must count against that year's 25. There are other criteria (see below) but if the did not do the OV they maybe rolled forward against next year's class.

"In NCAA-speak, recruited does not mean what it normally means. A prospect is recruited for financial aid purposes if one of the following things happens:

• A coach has in-person contact with the prospect off-campus;
  • The prospect takes an official visit to the campus; or
  • The school sent the prospect a National Letter of Intent or other written athletic scholarship offer.
Because of this definition, there’s a lot of recruiting that can happen without a prospect being considered “recruited”:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT