ADVERTISEMENT

Saban's ego

garynada

Starter
Jan 18, 2009
White GA
Not sure what he sees in his new drinking buddy OC. 5-7 6-6 and 7-5 at WA. To me that is a 6-6 average. Don't think he set the world on fire at USC before being fired. So what, you did not break 30 on a good defense. Your freshman QB played like a freshman. Should have danced with the date that brought ya. Hope the future Bama coach takes the current Bama coach to the wood shed.

The only time I think anything about Bama is when I hope they lose. Otherwise I couldn't care less what they do with that team. Well I guess I do hope they screw it up. Here's to Clemson winning the championship game over them.

I dont think it was really an ego thing. From the interviews and articles where the coaches actually spoke about the situation, it sounds like he was trying to organize his new team while also focusing on winning a national championship. That's a hard task for anyone, so I think being the professionals both coaches are they mutually agreed to separate at this time.

I dont think it was really an ego thing. From the interviews and articles where the coaches actually spoke about the situation, it sounds like he was trying to organize his new team while also focusing on winning a national championship. That's a hard task for anyone, so I think being the professionals both coaches are they mutually agreed to separate at this time.
Think about it. You are trying to convince garynada that Nick Saban might actually know something about running a college football program.

Think about it. You are trying to convince garynada that Nick Saban might actually know something about running a college football program.
I have no doubt NS knows how to run a football team. And true having your OC splitting his duties is not the best situation. But he going to a guy that has not called a College game in a long time, creating a greater distraction to the team in their last game of the year. Could be wrong but not sure the change made anything better. It got under his skin when his DC left for an SEC HC ing job, so I think it pushed some buttons when his OC jumps to CUSA. But then again I may not know anything about football. For example I never thought Lane was that great of a coach at UT, Oakland, or USC. Don't see anything special about the in the new OC. I also think inspite of their success Bama tends to play below their talent level. The sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole. I think If Clemson brings their A game they win this one.

I have no doubt NS knows how to run a football team. And true having your OC splitting his duties is not the best situation. But he going to a guy that has not called a College game in a long time, creating a greater distraction to the team in their last game of the year. Could be wrong but not sure the change made anything better. It got under his skin when his DC left for an SEC HC ing job, so I think it pushed some buttons when his OC jumps to CUSA. But then again I may not know anything about football. For example I never thought Lane was that great of a coach at UT, Oakland, or USC. Don't see anything special about the in the new OC. I also think inspite of their success Bama tends to play below their talent level. The sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole. I think If Clemson brings their A game they win this one.

Saban is a defensive coach, probably the best in the country in college. Most of the success Bama's Offense has had is because of the situation other teams have had to face. It's easy to go out there and look good on offense when you are confident your defense is going to keep the other team under 14 points.

Oh we had two 3 and out series in a row no worries we'll get the ball back again. As opposed to some schools like in CUSA where defense is not the focus and the first team that doesn't score on a series is playing catch up the rest of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT