ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Notebook - 3-31

lanny mixon

Oct 28, 2002
Today was a all about defense and I spent a good portion of my time focused on the defensive line. Here's what I see so far:

- I really like the depth that Southern Miss is building in the middle of the defensive line. Draper Riley, Noochie Harris, Rod Crayton, Derrick Dixon, Delmond Lndry and DeMario Smith give Southern Miss a much deeper group this year than what they were working with a year ago.

- During team drills a couple of defensive backs had a really good day including Curtis Mikell and Cornell Armstrong. I also like how Tavarus Moore is coming a long he'll be a big help this year.

- Jeremy Sangster had really good day today at linebacker, I think the switch has flipped for him.

- Spend a good amount of time with the DL for some feature stories that will come out tomorrow. But, I really like how Nicholson connects with the DL this year. You can tell that they are all really on the same page with a year under their belts.

- Tim Billings makes me laugh, just thought I would include that because his humor is a big asset in how he connects with the kids.

- There were a number of prospects there today. Working up a list of top prospects there today and some who will be there tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News