ADVERTISEMENT

Point Spread vs UTSA

The line probably says more about people's perception of UTSA than Southern Miss at this point. But UTSA spent the month of September losing to Arizona, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Colorado State. They opened C-USA play with pummeling of UTEP and a respectable, narrow loss to LaTech.

The jury's still out on UTSA. They are certainly better than their 1-5 record reflects. Their remaining C-USA schedule is pretty soft. Our Eagles may have their hands full this Saturday.

The line probably says more about people's perception of UTSA than Southern Miss at this point. But UTSA spent the month of September losing to Arizona, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Colorado State. They opened C-USA play with pummeling of UTEP and a respectable, narrow loss to LaTech.

The jury's still out on UTSA. They are certainly better than their 1-5 record reflects. Their remaining C-USA schedule is pretty soft. Our Eagles may have their hands full this Saturday.

I don't think this game is as close as some believe. UTSA's win against a terrible UTEP team is the only win in their last nine road games.

I don't think this game is as close as some believe. UTSA's win against a terrible UTEP team is the only win in their last nine road games.
I don't believe that is correct. I know they've played 3 road games this season, and I seem to remember UTSA smoked the Cougars last season in Houston. So UTSA has won 2 of their last 9 road games.

USM also racked 2 road wins during the same span...Texas State and North Texas. It doesn't matter. Our Eagles better show up ready to play on Saturday.

Last edited:
I agree. I like the point spread as it may be an indication of the public's perception but this is a conference game everyone knows these games are a must win. The Eagles better be ready to play hard and eliminate the mistakes.

SMTTT

I don't believe that is correct. I know they've played 3 road games this season, and I seem to remember UTSA smoked the Cougars last season in Houston. So UTSA has won 2 of their last 9 road games.

USM also racked 2 road wins during the same span...Texas State and North Texas. It doesn't matter. Our Eagles better show up ready to play on Saturday.

I missed the Houston win in their 2014 opener. Still think we win by two touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT