ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Adamson

According to John Cox his knee injury prevented him from starting on Saturday. However, I believe that I may have detected something less than certainty in John's voice on that issue.

I hope that is the truth. I hope they didn't just decide to start our FRESHMAN in that game, because it was a must win . If that was not the truth then we need a new coach. I read somewhere early in the week that Parker was fine and would be ready to go, and was surprised when the FRESHMAN trotted out.

The FRESHMAN did some very good things in the game. He also made FRESHMAN mistakes that very well may have cost us the game.

So now that you have pulled the shirt, it would seem to me that you owe the kid a chance. Either the coach has made an error that likely cost us a chance at a championship, or he did the only thing he could do and played the young man.

A couple of sure things: Howard does not need to have a hero's perspective and mentality thinking he is the answer to it all, and he needs to use his team mates to help us win. The other is that by now coaches SHOULD HAVE taught this young man that he has to carry the ball close to his body and protect it. However, this is not the case. I (at 69 and one good leg) could knock the ball out of Howard's "hand" the way he carries it, and you can bet that they will be after it this Saturday after watching the film. A new fumble per game record could be in the making.

Many things that should be, are not. Many !!!

Rudy Giuliani at age 3 ???

images

Last edited:
Howard in his press conference interview admitted he needed to work on his ball protection. He has nothing but praise for his offensive lineman and said he will do anything that is best for his team. Kid is a leader and a winner. I've seen him perform since his junior high days at Laurel Middle School and high school days at Laurel High. He will work on his mistakes and continue to improve.

Reactions: garynada
Yes, last week Hop was quoted as saying Parker was OK, but Nick was iffy. And if that didn't change it was a double jump to yank the shirt and the result was horrible. Nothing against Keon, but Parker is the most solid choice IMHO at this point, but I doubt Hop will do it for fear of appearing too erratic.

My thing is I wanted Adamson to start and finish out the game last week with Keon Howard redshirting. I'm a big Keon Howard supporter but we rushed him in last Saturday and wasted his redshirt season if he doesn't start the next two games.

There is zero room to go back to NM or PA now. You don't burn a shirt this late to get through 1 game. Gotta ride with the freshman now. Either way, another example of this stooge being in over his head. If neither NM or PA were ready to go, should have gone with Griggs and saved the shirt.

I guess we will get to the bottom of this. Reggie Collier didn't start until his tenth game of freshman year and they rest is History. If Parker was 100% I still might would have tried him first and saved the redshirt. But Also remember we still had a chance at winning the division so that comes into play. Lets just go win today. SMTTT!!!

Reactions: JonesCountyEagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT