ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How and why did Barker defeat Dupree?

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Did it take Dupree's buddy Fairley defrauding the federal government and going to federal prison to cause his supporters to abandon him? The last elections Dupree was like a cat with 9 lives...no matter what happened he got away with it....

Feds broke up that Fairley-Dupree regime! The Feds were carefully monitoring this Hattiesburg Mayoral election! Toby Barker has grass rooted this campaign for a while and got his supporters out!

The taint of Fairley's villainy - their close association, and/or the lack of his church-based turnout machine.

Hard to believe less than 10k voted.

Reactions: JonesCountyEagle
The part that I find even more incredible is that 44 people voted for Shawn O'hara. I once met him late at night working at a grocery store whilst he and a campaign worker were making a major purchase. I actually enjoyed talking to him as he could find a way to sell water to a fish. Sadly I think he missed his calling as an entertainer as he could do it with the best of him. I literally think he spends his time running for any political office that he can get his name on the ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT