ADVERTISEMENT

Open tryouts?

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Were running out of basketball players...I hope the coach is should focus his recruiting efforts at the Payne Center...that is how bad the situation is....

Shadell got back just in time, he's playing now. I wonder if we CAN get more players, what the rules are etc. I would look at the Payne center if this is legal, but I would also look at the football team. AD was the last 2 sport guy I can remember, then Larry Boyd, 3 sports, before him. There may be others.

Didn't Fred Cook play football and basketball? I think he could also jump over a Volkswagon(roof)
eek.r191677.gif

Demar played, and I remember DQ cracked a homerun that should've had a flight attendant and a movie.....

Y'all are correct. Demar has made a name for himself with the Bucs in the NFL, his one year of football for us was a ST player, and maybe a def. linemen but he is an OT now. I completely forgot about DQ, he could crush it. Seems like he had a brief NFL career too, but I can't recall.

Wish there was video of that homerun by Dequincy Scott. Think we were at Alabama and from what I remember of the radio call it was still climbing when it hit the top of the right field light tower.

Originally posted by Lamareagle2:
Adalius played basketball for one season under Coach Green.
AD was also an absolute freak of nature.

Someone mentioned DQ above. Man, that guy could mash the ball.

Originally posted by usmstud:
Wish there was video of that homerun by Dequincy Scott. Think we were at Alabama and from what I remember of the radio call it was still climbing when it hit the top of the right field light tower.
I saw him hit a ball so hard that it went off the wall and he only got a single. I also saw him nearly kill a pitcher from UNO on a line drive. If that 1999 team had pitching, our program's rise might have happened a little earlier.

I feel like he hit three or four home runs in that Alabama regional.

This post was edited on 1/30 10:30 AM by eaglenjxn

Bobby Garner? He also was converted to TE and caught a TD against Tennessee in a game which the refs missed a game tying 2 point conversion....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT