ADVERTISEMENT

Observations and Predictions

Aug 23, 2003
Quez Watkins is a beast; next Michael Thomas
Abraham showed poise, maturity, and accuracy. We look fine there.
Front 7 and secondary are really good. They swarm and hit hard.
Finally consistently kick the ball off into the endzone. Nice improvement there.
OLine can't run block.
Steven Anderson should probably play more, especially if we can't run block because he can at least churn out a couple extra yards on his own
Sonic Boom is awesome

Predictions:
8-4 (likely/lock losses are North Texas, Auburn, Appy State, and UAB
If we pick up a run game, 9-3 (we beat either NT or UAB).

Another observation: The video board work was excellent. Good sound. Great pregame video (one on our tradition and one for hype). Thanks.

The stadium experience was great. The sonic boom was too. We will be hurting if Jack goes down, so we will go as far as his health can take us. This team is talented, really very talented....but inexperience will haunt us v, Auburn. I think we beat Appy state if we are at full speed....31-30.

Sorry, but no way we beat App State and Auburn is a guaranteed blow out loss. That said, if Abraham continues to improve, the OL figures out how to run block and the defense stays healthy, we could win 7-8 games. I'd consider that a good season for such a young team.

The old adage is that a team makes their biggest improvement from week one to week two. I think we have more talent than App, we are bigger and faster, but who knows if we'll be better but I think we will have to show a marked improvement if we beat them. But I think we will unless we experience injuries.

App State will be a great challenge, but this team is as well off talent wise as it has been in several years. Jack is extremely accurate. It is finally great to have more than a stop gap quarterback. Our success or failure against Appy will fall on how well the run blocking can improve which it MUST. I'll say it again that this team is loaded with talent, and if all comes together, Auburn would be the only team that I see as a loss. Hope springs eternal, but this hope is backed which substance. Championship or bust! If we lose a few I'll gladly eat crow.

App State will be a great challenge, but this team is as well off talent wise as it has been in several years. Jack is extremely accurate. It is finally great to have more than a stop gap quarterback. Our success or failure against Appy will fall on how well the run blocking can improve which it MUST. I'll say it again that this team is loaded with talent, and if all comes together, Auburn would be the only team that I see as a loss. Hope springs eternal, but this hope is backed which substance. Championship or bust! If we lose a few I'll gladly eat crow.
If App State puts 7-8 men in the box on first and second down like JSU did then our run game results will be similar. And hopefully the results of our passing game will be too. Then it’s up to the LB’s and DB’s.

Does anyone know if Quez is alright? I noticed he was hobbling into the end zone on his last one and was curious if hes alright?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT