ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure I can make another one

garynada

Starter
Jan 18, 2009
White GA
I have traveled to 5 games this year but it is almost to painful to watch. We have yet to put even 3 quarters much less 4 together. This team just plays ugly. The O although not hitting on 8 cyclinders has play well enough to win every game but one. The Defense on the other hand is soft. It is just not right to see a RB game after game carry 4 5 6 Southern Miss guys 4 plus yard down the field or big play after big play is just too much. Being that bad on D takes all the fun out of watching the game. Sorry but to me if If after game 7 you have to go back to fundementals you are in trouble. They ant going to fix that in a bye week. To top that the DC says he is getting great play out of his middle linebacker. There is no way CJ is grading out as a solid LB. Munz says CJ plays more for leadership and communication but that just means we have elected to play with less than 11 player on D. Something like 10.5. Guys. Yes this post is negitive but this team is relatively healthy and has not gotten better through 7 games. We have a defensive coach with a defense that cannot stop bad CUSA teams. The Rice game would have been very different if they could have covered one guy. Really don't want to travel 5 hours to watch a soft defense., too many penities, turnovers and struggling to beat bad teams.

We feel your pain buddy. Nothing wrong with being negative. The team is very disappointing at this point in the season. We have gotten worse since the Kentucky game. I put the big plays on the coaching staff. Teams are going to continue having their way with our D.

Last edited:
I sit through all games and will continue to do so. I don't care if we are good or bad or who we are playing. I am a Southern Miss fan based not on the team's record, but on my devotion to my alma mater.

Well congratulations on your more virtuous than thou attitude.
But the truth is that any real USM fan would be dying for consistent improvement from week to week. And any fan that desires as such should not be slammed.

I have traveled to 5 games this year but it is almost to painful to watch. We have yet to put even 3 quarters much less 4 together. This team just plays ugly. The O although not hitting on 8 cyclinders has play well enough to win every game but one. The Defense on the other hand is soft. It is just not right to see a RB game after game carry 4 5 6 Southern Miss guys 4 plus yard down the field or big play after big play is just too much. Being that bad on D takes all the fun out of watching the game. Sorry but to me if If after game 7 you have to go back to fundementals you are in trouble. They ant going to fix that in a bye week. To top that the DC says he is getting great play out of his middle linebacker. There is no way CJ is grading out as a solid LB. Munz says CJ plays more for leadership and communication but that just means we have elected to play with less than 11 player on D. Something like 10.5. Guys. Yes this post is negitive but this team is relatively healthy and has not gotten better through 7 games. We have a defensive coach with a defense that cannot stop bad CUSA teams. The Rice game would have been very different if they could have covered one guy. Really don't want to travel 5 hours to watch a soft defense., too many penities, turnovers and struggling to beat bad teams.

Yep, I know where your coming from.
This year reminds me of some of the Bower years where in the middle of the season he would make a remark like "well we just need to simplify the playbook" when he would say things like that you knew the best to hope for was a 7&5 or 6&5 record. Plus, we were only running 30 plays anyway so imo it was a useless thing to say.

But the truth is that any real USM fan would be dying for consistent improvement from week to week. And any fan that desires as such should not be slammed.
So we should have had 28k at all those EJ games

I didn't slam anyone. Read my post. I simply stated that I attend football games because I am a fan. I never made claims about my virtuosity or anything else. I didn't say that I didn't want improvement, just that I go to games regardless. You slammed me, but that's okay.

Yep, I know where your coming from.
This year reminds me of some of the Bower years where in the middle of the season he would make a remark like "well we just need to simplify the playbook" when he would say things like that you knew the best to hope for was a 7&5 or 6&5 record. Plus, we were only running 30 plays anyway so imo it was a useless thing to say.

We should have stuck with Bower. I was happy with 7-5 most years and a guaranteed winning season. What did Fedora do for us? We went 11-2 and went to the Hawaii Bowl. We could have gone 6-6 that same year and still have gone to the Hawaii Bowl. We will now and always have a revolving door of coaches for the rest of our existence.

We should have stuck with Bower. I was happy with 7-5 most years and a guaranteed winning season. What did Fedora do for us? We went 11-2 and went to the Hawaii Bowl. We could have gone 6-6 that same year and still have gone to the Hawaii Bowl. We will now and always have a revolving door of coaches for the rest of our existence.
I am afraid you are right. We don't have the money to keep a winning coach.

Worth going to see us extract some vengeance - beat us 5 in a row?

And also to see how "large" our homecoming queen is.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration. I'm feeling frustrated too. I have been supporting USM since the early 70's now and there have been a few times when I've felt this way. The thing is, there has been more than one time when I felt like quitting on the team that they didn't quit and they came through. They came through when I didn't think they would. I ended up being glad I didn't quit on them. So I'll be there Saturday for that reason and others. Like we will have a bunch of really, really big time recruits at this game. Hopson said the number one thing we could do was be at the games because recruits like the crowds. There will be perfect weather to see the team exact some punishment on We Are Marshall. Hope you reconsider. SMTTT

Reactions: SethManKA1
Our football team is favored by 15 1/2.

The over/under on our homecoming queen is 220 lbs.

I'll take us, and the over.

I understand your frustration. I'm feeling frustrated too. I have been supporting USM since the early 70's now and there have been a few times when I've felt this way. The thing is, there has been more than one time when I felt like quitting on the team that they didn't quit and they came through. They came through when I didn't think they would. I ended up being glad I didn't quit on them. So I'll be there Saturday for that reason and others. Like we will have a bunch of really, really big time recruits at this game. Hopson said the number one thing we could do was be at the games because recruits like the crowds. There will be perfect weather to see the team exact some punishment on We Are Marshall. Hope you reconsider. SMTTT
Not quitting the team it is just painful to watch. The results were predicable we hired a guy with minimal FBS success if any because he would come here stay and was cheap. The big argument for Hop is that he almost beat USM. He doomed himself by bring his FCS staff and old buddies with him. The guys he did not rehire were better coaches than the one he brought in. Now we have a team with good puzzle peaces that don't fit togather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT