ADVERTISEMENT

No postseason again for men's basketball team

This explains why the cryptic announcement about Holland and Carey red-shirting. Furthermore, I suppose this should be seen by the NCAA that we are serious about owning and cleaning up the Tyndall debacle. It also makes it look like we were expecting the worse anyway. But this may be a good will gesture toward the NCAA with no real meaning, I mean, we have no chance of making the NCAA's and a very small chance of making the NIT. I have heard from folks who have attended practice that some of these new guys can play....great...but when folk uses cliche's like we will be 'competitive' and we might "surprise some people", things are not good.

This explains why the cryptic announcement about Holland and Carey red-shirting. Furthermore, I suppose this should be seen by the NCAA that we are serious about owning and cleaning up the Tyndall debacle. It also makes it look like we were expecting the worse anyway. But this may be a good will gesture toward the NCAA with no real meaning, I mean, we have no chance of making the NCAA's and a very small chance of making the NIT. I have heard from folks who have attended practice that some of these new guys can play....great...but when folk uses cliche's like we will be 'competitive' and we might "surprise some people", things are not good.
I think you're right about the red shirts but still to have a season be meaningless before it even starts must be deflating for the players. Hopefully the women's team can make another good run.

Reactions: scotteagle
We were probably going to be a .500 team this year. Not having Carey is going to hurt though.

Reactions: scotteagle
Great observation Tduncan we have now been banned two seasons have thrown off everyone linked to a possibility of irregularity. My goodness that should be enough. If the NCAA adds to this and does nothing to UNC. NO words.

School announced tonight they would take another self-imposed postseason ban for the 2015-16 season.

UGHHHH I know we weren't expected to pull off NIT this year but it hurts to know you don't even have a chance. Its a downer we pick up our heads and move on.

Yep, the UNC-Chapel Hill decision, if it ever comes down, will be very telling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT