ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to discuss coaching.....

Heath Hinton

Jun 15, 2017
I was hoping to not have to go through this in year 4 of the Hall era, but here we are....

1. When a team is struggling and been been embarrassed against every FBS opponent to date, you practice more than twice on your off week. Sorry, the staff nor team had deserved an easy week. Especially after the JSU practice week (when the staff decided to change and get harder on the players, that went about as well as a turd in a punch bowl). You don't have to practice then tuff and hard on a bye week, but getting extra practices for a rival is a gift, use that week to prepare extra. Totally lost opportunity there....

2. Both new coordinators haven't been worth their weight in salt. Offense is atrocious and the defense is softer than Charmin. How many times have wee seen DL pushed 3 to 4 yards by an opposing RB after they are blown off the ball? ULALA did it all game long. The OL is a poor as it has always been. If I were a QB at USM I would go take a Loyd's of London insurance policy out on my throwing arm. We are at what? 17 QB taking snaps
In 4 years. The odds are not in their favor.

3. Discipline on this team is poor. How many stupid personal fouls or bone headed decisions have we seen in 4 years? Even if it is an acting job by the opposition, you should never put yourself in that position for them to flop and act to get that flag.

4. We only got 7 more games of this to go through and it is done. There will be a new coach for USM at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.