ADVERTISEMENT

It's just really frustrating

eagleboy415

BGN Pro Poster
Dec 19, 2007
We legitimately have no midweek pitching whatsoever and our relievers are average at best. What makes me most frustrated though is that so many small schools and have guys who can throw strikes midweek. Is it that difficult to find them? Do we have that bad of pitching coaching or are we poor talent evaluators? Because walks and hit batters have lost us about four games so far this year and it's getting really annoying really fast. We could be a great team if not for this.

I kinda had a feeling we wouldn't fare well with Tulane. We can have a winning streak against the $EC but then strangely do terrible in mid-week with teams like them. Maybe they are distracted with the Beau Rivage in the background at MGM

We legitimately have no midweek pitching whatsoever and our relievers are average at best. What makes me most frustrated though is that so many small schools and have guys who can throw strikes midweek. Is it that difficult to find them? Do we have that bad of pitching coaching or are we poor talent evaluators? Because walks and hit batters have lost us about four games so far this year and it's getting really annoying really fast. We could be a great team if not for this.

They threw this game away when they made the decision to move Nick Johnson to the weekend. I would have preferred to keep him as our midweek guy until we made it past this stretch with Tulane, State, Ole Miss, Ole Miss, Tulane, UL-Lafayette, and UNO.

They threw this game away when they made the decision to move Nick Johnson to the weekend. I would have preferred to keep him as our midweek guy until we made it past this stretch with Tulane, State, Ole Miss, Ole Miss, Tulane, UL-Lafayette, and UNO.

Agreed. Berry went pitcher by committee in this game due to moving Johnson and it cost the game. The offense put up numbers that normally would have won the game. I believe Jake Winston will now be the midweek guy so that should give us a chance but I'm really unsure why the change needed to be made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT