ADVERTISEMENT

Is UAB football going to be reinstated?

shortbob

Key Reserve
May 29, 2001
I keep reading of a "no confidence" vote by the Faculty Staff with the UAB president. Some sponsors are leaving the program entirely. Students, alumni, Music Department [Marching Band] are disgruntled. Seems that the numbers of dance squads, cheerleaders etc are being reduced and Birmingham is seeing this whole thing as a middle finger by the Board of Trustees. IF UAB had avg'ed 10k more in attendance this would have never been an issue.
I posted at the UAB free board and got no response. Sad, sad, sad. Did I tell you the way I feel? Sad.

Who cares? One less school we have to compete against in the recruiting wars. I hope more go the way of UAB.

The State of Alabama is down one (UAB) and plus two (Troy and South Alabama), so still not good for USM recruiting.

Interesting article. It's hard to believe it will happen now that the football team has been dismantled, and the players have moved on to other schools. It's like they've received the death penalty. If they do start it again, it's seem like they would have to move to Division 2, or at most FCS. It would make no sense at all for the program to immediately be designated an FBS level program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT