ADVERTISEMENT

I watched the debacle and everything I would say probably has been posted

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
but here goes:
1) We were thoroughly out-manned. They were bigger, faster, more athletic and way deeper than us.
This is the most tell-tale sign of our current abyss. We simply don't have athletes like we did.
2) The coaching at USM, as far as offensive philosophy, has gone from Bower to Fedora, back to Bower (Ellis) back to Fedora (Monken) back to Bower (Hop). It's schizo. With Fedora we may still lose, but more like 42-40. Bower never beat a BCS team with a winning record. Deja vu???
3) The answer beyond on-the-field coaching is recruiting. I like the new guys coming in. It'll be hard for either Griggs or Keon to start next year. I look for a serious upgrade at QB, The question remains who will coach them. But I feel pretty good about the new class.
4) I like our linebackers coming back. I thought they played well today in that our dline got whipped all day long. I am afraid to see what our depth looks like at defensive back next year. D tackle too. Yikes!
5) Finally , we do NOT have a decent running back on our roster for next year. We better hire a decent OC, develop a QB, and throw it every down. If there is a RB out there left Lord help coach Hopson find him and get him here.

ADVERTISEMENT