ADVERTISEMENT

I guess I am a prisoner of the moment, but this 56 year old USM fan

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
has never seen a play call so stupid as that pass call in overtime. I am stunned. A win is a win but Hopson should seriously consider hanging a 'help wanted' sign and bringing in a new OC tomorrow. And Shannon Dawson ought to buy everyone on defense a car, they saved his butt tonight.
Thank you Eagle D!!!!

The coach bitched out the QB on the sidelines. I am pretty sure he had been instructed to only throw it if the receiver was wide open. I still would not have called a pass play though.

Reactions: scotteagle
Two miracles tonight ASTROS to World Series and this was the greatest comeback ever for the Eagles.

I think I am both laughing and crying at almost 70. I almost went into shock when we threw that pass, and then I honestly felt a sense of relief having made some statements below. Shaunfield would have likely been a lock. We had it won and jeopardized the game even with it won. Unreal. Totally unreal.

Kicked a FG to cut the La Tech to eight. Then got the onside kick, scored a TD, and made a 2 point conversion to tie the score.

There is a lesson in all of this. Just when you think you think you know what will happen.....

It turns out to be something you NEVER would expect!

790 AM Houston announcers were drunk from flying champagne. You could hear celebrators from the street. The FCC would like a small donation:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT