ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't care for the schemes on offense or defense tonight.

SSME

BGN Hall of Fame
Oct 28, 2002
The D played loose on their receivers and got almost no pressure on the QB. It just wasn't the same team. It looked like the old "prevent the win" defense. They had very little ball awareness.

The offense seemed to forget what got them success earlier in the season as well. Ito was over 100 yards on 13 carries. But 13 is all he got, and some of those were back to back calls which I despise.
Early, it was like Tez's return was what we had been waiting for, giving him the ball over and over. And we decided to run Griggs on keepers many times. All in all it cost us big time.

Again, PENALTIES !!! I can see a potential 14 points we gave up due to penalties. Lack of discipline, lack of coaching control.

This one is on the coaches, in my opinion.

The D played loose on their receivers and got almost no pressure on the QB. It just wasn't the same team. It looked like the old "prevent the win" defense. They had very little ball awareness.

The offense seemed to forget what got them success earlier in the season as well. Ito was over 100 yards on 13 carries. But 13 is all he got, and some of those were back to back calls which I despise.
Early, it was like Tez's return was what we had been waiting for, giving him the ball over and over. And we decided to run Griggs on keepers many times. All in all it cost us big time.

Again, PENALTIES !!! I can see a potential 14 points we gave up due to penalties. Lack of discipline, lack of coaching control.

This one is on the coaches, in my opinion.

I hate that we had 2 weeks to prepare and were flatfooted and gassed at the end. Penalties on third down are especially galling, in the little I got to hear. And finally, Troy has passed us, North Texas passed us,(They beat us last year too) and UTSA crushed us last year and may well next week. I wonder if coach Pec is up for the job or should Hop find a new DC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT