ADVERTISEMENT

HOW MANY CAN ADD TO THIS ?

SSME

BGN Hall of Fame
Oct 28, 2002
On Saturday July 15 SoMissFan posted this link to a preview of our defense. Being a fan of Southern Miss defense from back in the day, this article has "fired me up". http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/8/14/9154019/southern-miss-defensive-preview

Who can bring this information up to date and into focus? How are the players mentioned here as being people who can change things coming along. Have they shown up as advertised? I know coach said "we hit" on all the transfers.

Can anyone give us a realistic assessment? Come on guys, pour some gas on the fire.

Thanks, GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

It is telling that these former players were on the top teams in the nation and USM is getting most of them at the end of their college careers, giving them time to develop.

Man...if we could play old style NASTY BUNCH defense, we could actually contend for the West division. What a boost winning 7-8 games would be. But, if we somehow managed to win the West, that could be a huge turning point for the program.

Man...if we could play old style NASTY BUNCH defense, we could actually contend for the West division. What a boost winning 7-8 games would be. But, if we somehow managed to win the West, that could be a huge turning point for the program.

I noticed an article by Jason Munz in the H.A. about Monken's prediction of winning at least 6 games this season. Munz wanted to know if it created any added pressure for the players. I liked the response by Casey Martin, "Me personally, knowing my teammates, I think six wins would honestly be kind of a letdown. We're looking to add some wins on top of that. Being on a winning team before and looking at what we have now, I feel confident."

On Saturday July 15 SoMissFan posted this link to a preview of our defense. Being a fan of Southern Miss defense from back in the day, this article has "fired me up". http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/8/14/9154019/southern-miss-defensive-preview

Who can bring this information up to date and into focus? How are the players mentioned here as being people who can change things coming along. Have they shown up as advertised? I know coach said "we hit" on all the transfers.

Can anyone give us a realistic assessment? Come on guys, pour some gas on the fire.

Thanks, GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

It looks like we are getting the best of both worlds. While the transfers are working out well, the returning players are not making it easy for them to take the starting jobs. Looks to me like there will be a lot of substitution because of the depth regardless of who starts. We will be 3 deep at DT and DE. The only depth question areas are CB and WR. Some of our returning players have made major improvements, such as Richard, Freeman, Price and others.That said, I still think some time to gel may be needed. A bowl game should be counted on. We would have to go so far so fast to achieve more than that, so I am not counting on much more. However, I will be betting on my team every game. We are back. WMTTT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT