ADVERTISEMENT

Houston newspaper reporting potential USM football coach hire...

Do it. Do it now Hop! The offense over the last few years made the years of Bower look like an offensive genius.

If you value the reputation of your school then stay away from Briles..If you go and read clearly about his tenure at Baylor then you will see a culture that covered up numerous rapes and sexual assaults by football players..and Briles was at the center of it....Ask yourself why a school would fire the most successful coach in its history shortly after going to a BCS bowl...In fact, the school hired a law firm and has never published the findings from that firm..Baylor has tried to settle all lawsuits out of court

Lets be honest. We once hired a coach that had been caught drinking at college parties and sleeping with female students himself. And he was still a recovering alcoholic while here. Its not like we are above giving second chances.

At most he would be here 3 years. If we showed immediate improvement and Briles kept a low profile, he ends up a head coach somewhere in year 2 or 3 tops. Unless we just keep with 7 or less wins.

And its not like assistant coaches are knocking down our doors with what we can afford to pay. We need attendance to increase to pay better. Better football or at least more exciting football would do that.

How many big donors will we lose over this?

This debacle has the potential to fracture our already fragile fan base.

We could not have messed this thing up more if we had set our to do the worst possible job on it.

So. Since apparently Hopson did this without any approval from anyone else, and then went public with his opinion on it, I could see this costing him his job potentially.

What are the odds of us bringing back Fedora? No he wouldn't get paid as much at first. Rebuild the program get a pay raise in a few years when attendance rises. But he just got a few million in a buyout from NC. So he doesn't need as much money.

I don't think this will last very long. It's over and done now. Hopson will have to make due with someone already on staff that'll be happy with the $100 a week paycheck. We sure as hell won't be getting an experienced OC to come here for the shit salaries we pay assistants. We'll keep winning 6-7 games a year and continue the death spiral that is USM football. No money equals little success.

It could last longer especially if we get more articles daily in the Sun Herald like today which imply that we have no problem signing recruits who are on probation from rape allegations.

Can't imagine anyone, any Southern Miss alum would have been for this. Let'em go put his stain on someone else's school.

Fedora and Monken were the best coaches that we ever had at Southern Miss. The administration would not make the investment. I don't want to hear they don't have the money. It's called an investment, you invest money to make money. Southern Miss is too complacent with living paycheck to paycheck.

Don't worry the status quo will return soon. I'm a big believer that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT