ADVERTISEMENT

Honest sincere question here

Aug 23, 2003
I can't decide how encouraged we should be about the Memphis win today. What does it mean? Does it mean that even despite the current climate in college football, the growing divergence between the haves and have nots, G5 teams can still get it done? Or is that really only true of teams like Memphis, Houston, teams with big markets and/or deeper pockets, teams in the AAC and MWC? Thoughts?

I can't decide how encouraged we should be about the Memphis win today. What does it mean? Does it mean that even despite the current climate in college football, the growing divergence between the haves and have nots, G5 teams can still get it done? Or is that really only true of teams like Memphis, Houston, teams with big markets and/or deeper pockets, teams in the AAC and MWC? Thoughts?

I think there are some serious G5 teams but the sports media will never show them any respect. I think today is a sign that the SEC is not the dominate conference it has been. Ive been to many USM - Memphis matches in football and basketball. I was delighted to see them get that win on national tv.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT