ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what happened over the weekend....

Heath Hinton

Jun 15, 2017
All of this has been posted by me in other threads, but I wanted to bring everything together here.

There was serious talk and discussions about removing Will after the game.

The problem was no coach wanted to become an interim head coach of a sinking ship. This is a really young staff and no one wants a potential 0-8 on their record. The 2020 situation was different because Jay and Scotty both resigned. This current staff have known each other for years and will not go behind Will's back.

The extra money spent on buying Will out and upgrading staff pay for an Interim will be better used on the new HC and staff. At this rate you are looking at an 800,000 dollar buyout amd compared to spending almost 1.8 million to get rid of hall now. Save that extra million.

Jeremy making a statement now is 50/50 to me. I understand that the fans want to see that he is listening. I also understand that saying something now and if somehow Will wins 5 of last 8 and goes to a bowl will be a bad look.

This would all be made easier if Will would just resign, but that will not happen. He wants the money contracted to him and resigning might cancel that out.

So, here we are. This is pretty much a lame duck season. Most important thing now is to keep the team together. A mass exodus from the squad would put the collective in a pinch and I am not sure they can afford to replace 3/4 of the team. Tough days ahead....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.