ADVERTISEMENT

Here are 4 different bowl forecast for Southern Miss...

App State was a fg away from the Cotton Bowl. Louisiana is also at 10 wins this season with losses only to Appy State and MSU.

Either Appy State or Louisiana will clean our clock. Both teams are having historically good seasons.

Woo hoo, it will be the New Orleans bowl again. How exciting.

Or possibly No Bowl. CUSA is guaranteed six bowl spots. We have 7 bowl eligible teams. The 2 worst records that are still Bowl eligible is Charlotte and USM at 7-5. Charlotte already has an invitation. From the CUSA website:

C-USA BOWL 2019 SYNOPSIS
Conference USA has secured guaranteed commitments for six bowl spots for the 2019 season, as well as maintaining three secondary agreements. The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla (Tampa Bay), Makers Wanted Bahamas, New Mexico, R+L Carriers New Orleans, SERVPRO First Responder (Dallas) and either the SoFi Hawai’i of Frisco Bowl in Frisco, Texas are this year’s primary agreements. The Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl and Walk-On’s Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La., (should the ACC or SEC not be able to provide a bowl-eligible team) serve as secondary bowls. There is no set selection order among C-USA’s bowl partners.

Yeah well last year our conference commish gave away our bowl alignment to another conference which gave us the shaft. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I don't think Southern Miss was forced into the Hawaii Bowl in 2011. Coach Fedora wanted an early bowl so he could still coach it and get out of town faster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT