ADVERTISEMENT

HEADS NEED TO ROLL !

Billings, Pecker, the Oline coach,(Wright?) and Disch to get the ball rolling...

There are many , yes, but I still think you let the team decide. Crazy? Yes, but I would listen carefully.

Whoever goes, the AD should go with them, the AD should go with them, the AD should go with them!

Worries me about who we could hire after tainting ourselves with a swac hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprint-draw gandy!
I never got the hire in the first place who hires a HC that you fired as a coordinator. Who in the FBS hires a SWAC guy as your head coach. Who sits down with a football coach that talks so low that you have to keep asking "what did he Say". Or hires a guy who in the interview and I am assuming they ask, says I am going to complete my staff with FCS nobodies. That is what The administration did.

Unfortunately, this is the point in time, where based on prior events in USM history, the following events will happen not in any particular order....

1. The JB worshippers will start putting out the excuse, Well what do you expect, Monkin stopped recruiting the last year because he was wanting to leave.
2. We can't compete anymore at this level unless you double your eagle club giving and triple your season ticket package.
3. Your no real fan because you are critical. You need to shut up, support the players and let the all knowing leaders do their jobs.
4. We can't win because we don't have enough players from Oak Grove and PCS on the team.
5. We can't win in these ugly uniforms. (Actually I kind of like this icy white uni look)

Reactions: sprint-draw gandy!
The JB fans need to own this hire! "He almost beat TM". Horseshoes hand gernades and atom bombs count for almost.

Unfortunately, this is the point in time, where based on prior events in USM history, the following events will happen not in any particular order....

1. The JB worshippers will start putting out the excuse, Well what do you expect, Monkin stopped recruiting the last year because he was wanting to leave.
2. We can't compete anymore at this level unless you double your eagle club giving and triple your season ticket package.
3. Your no real fan because you are critical. You need to shut up, support the players and let the all knowing leaders do their jobs.
4. We can't win because we don't have enough players from Oak Grove and PCS on the team.
5. We can't win in these ugly uniforms. (Actually I kind of like this icy white uni look)
I agree with everything except #3. I support the players but I do not support the coaches and the people at the top who have hired them. We need to speak up and show our displeasure or things will never change.

I agree with everything except #3. I support the players but I do not support the coaches and the people at the top who have hired them. We need to speak up and show our displeasure or things will never change.

Things will not change. Not as long as the AD continues to use a "committee" to do the hiring. Not as long as the good old boy network continues to run throughout the Athletic Department. Not as long as the we can't do any better than this mindset is allowed to continue unchecked, and the fan base for the most part does not hold people accountable.

I knew the moment JH name was mentioned that was the guy. They can claim he wasn't, but that national search started and ended in Lorman after Lindsey said no. Nussmeyer was never a "real" threat for the job. He took his name out after the hand wringing and foot dragging by the AD because JH was the guy all along, but for apperance they had to make it look like they tried.

I know the timing was crappy. I know it was hard to find guys that would bolt that late. Hell, they could have promoted from within and done better. I know all of the problems associated with the HBC and the disadvantages, but, there is a reason SWAC Coaches do not get FBS head coaching jobs. Yes race plays a large part, but, it's also bad football. Our DC has zero clue how to stop lower mid-major FBS football teams. How anyone in a position of influence and anyone in the AD thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

This should have been our year. With the returning starters and younger talent (it's there) Swac guy was handed a team that should have won 10 games, 11 after Kentucky completely no-showed the 2nd half. Instead they get beat to sleep by Troy, a terrible UTSA, and lose to a 3 year old team at home. This crap is unacceptable everywhere accept here.

Sorry but a change needs to be made before the program regresses to the point of no return.

When you lose to Charlotte and ODU

No kidding....how much worse could it get. These are schools that most people didn't even know fielded a freakin team. My ole miss buds..."who'd you guys play this weekend?" Me: "Old Dominion." Them, "not in basketball, I was talking football." ME: "uh yes, so was I." Them, "they play football?..and you lost?" Me: "yes....and we lost to a team called simply Charlotte also." Them: "dear god"

No kidding....how much worse could it get. These are schools that most people didn't even know fielded a freakin team. My ole miss buds..."who'd you guys play this weekend?" Me: "Old Dominion." Them, "not in basketball, I was talking football." ME: "uh yes, so was I." Them, "they play football?..and you lost?" Me: "yes....and we lost to a team called simply Charlotte also." Them: "dear god"
You need new friends like we need a new conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT