ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State University et al represents a check on the SEC....

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
My bias against FSU goes back to the 1980s when they represented USMs cheif rival. My parents divorced when I was 7, and my dad subsequently moved to Gainesville, Florida. The first summer I spent with him, he bought me a UF tshirt. Upon returning to my mother's home that fall, my neighbors were big FSU fans and told me I needed to burn the UF tshirt. Needless to say I liked FSU even less. My father and his sister both attended USM, so I also pulled for the Eagles. I can't tell you how happen I was when USM beat FSU in 1989 especially to my neighbors!
Fast forward many years and the SEC cartel became monopolous media and sports empire. To combat this cartel, teams outside had to win. Florida State, Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame represent non SEC prograns that can actually chalkenge and defeat the SEC syndicate. FSU won a national championship recently with great talent and Auburn's DC he who shall not be named. Had the arrogant Auburn done some research, they would have realized what hwsnbn did to USM.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Congrats FSU for beating the SEC!

Reactions: gatausm
ADVERTISEMENT