ADVERTISEMENT

Crap-USA rears it ugly head...

Oct 29, 2002
My prediction for next year...
We will win 40 plus games next year, win the conference.
BUTTT losing this regional the way we did put Crap-USA at the bottom where it belongs.
We will not host because of it. Crap-USA HAS destroyed any respect we had built.
I said that would happen 20 years ago and that it would take about 20 years.
I haven't been to a football game is 8 - 9 years? And this will be the first year I haven't bought season tickets to basketball is 25 years. No more supporting crap for me.

Considering that any chance we have of moving up in the world largely depends on fans in the stands, and financial donations, thanks for no longer supporting the University and ensuring that the thing in which you hate only persists that much longer.

Despite the weather issues we had great crowds. That NCAA takes notes of that. Crowds would have been better had the weather been better. If we win CUSA next year and win 40+, we will host. Every CUSA regular season champ that I can remember has hosted. The conference RPI will hover around 5th-7th best consistently. We started 2 seniors this year. No reason not to expect similar results next year. We need more pitching.

Considering that any chance we have of moving up in the world largely depends on fans in the stands, and financial donations, thanks for no longer supporting the University and ensuring that the thing in which you hate only persists that much longer.

Despite the weather issues we had great crowds. That NCAA takes notes of that. Crowds would have been better had the weather been better. If we win CUSA next year and win 40+, we will host. Every CUSA regular season champ that I can remember has hosted. The conference RPI will hover around 5th-7th best consistently. We started 2 seniors this year. No reason not to expect similar results next year. We need more pitching.

I beg to disagree in this respect. You are correct in that the NCAA takes notice of crowds, however, their guys who were here inspecting the playing surface, saw first hand that PTP is not up the same standards as other parks in regards to handling wet conditions.

This is the Southern Miss way, get everybody fired up including lost supporters from years past and get the wagon rolling only to have all wheels fall off. Guys I was there as was many of you I assume, but there was no fire from our guys till it was too late. I cant understand how a regional caliber team can't make routine pop-up plays and can't score a single run in a bases loaded nobody out situation. I guess it has happened to others but for a hitter to take 3 pitches all strikes without ever swinging the bat is mind boggling to me. Our pitchers do not have postseason toughness for some reason and that starts and ends with the pitching coach, he has to get these guys mentally into it and he has failed at that time after time after time. There has to be a different way to prepare in the postseason and these coaches need to dissect what they need to do different because this same ole same ole postseason preparation ain't working.

I beg to disagree in this respect. You are correct in that the NCAA takes notice of crowds, however, their guys who were here inspecting the playing surface, saw first hand that PTP is not up the same standards as other parks in regards to handling wet conditions.

Its fine for wet conditions. Had new drainage put in not very long ago. The issue was we had record rainfall each day for basically 4 days. Not many, if any, in the country could handle that amount of rain in that short a time.

This is the Southern Miss way, get everybody fired up including lost supporters from years past and get the wagon rolling only to have all wheels fall off. Guys I was there as was many of you I assume, but there was no fire from our guys till it was too late. I cant understand how a regional caliber team can't make routine pop-up plays and can't score a single run in a bases loaded nobody out situation. I guess it has happened to others but for a hitter to take 3 pitches all strikes without ever swinging the bat is mind boggling to me. Our pitchers do not have postseason toughness for some reason and that starts and ends with the pitching coach, he has to get these guys mentally into it and he has failed at that time after time after time. There has to be a different way to prepare in the postseason and these coaches need to dissect what they need to do different because this same ole same ole postseason preparation ain't working.

The whole team has seemingly lacked postseason toughness for as long as I have been a follower. Even the 09 team that went to the CWS just kind of went through the motions and caught some breaks it seemed. Like we were very lucky that year.

Usually we start to falter in the CUSA tournament. It has happened several times. Then in region it continues. We should have at least 3 CUSA tourny titles on top of current ones that we just suddenly went flat after a couple games. And it continues. Its like the team and coaches get tired of it all about mid-march.

My prediction for next year...
We will win 40 plus games next year, win the conference.
BUTTT losing this regional the way we did put Crap-USA at the bottom where it belongs.
We will not host because of it. Crap-USA HAS destroyed any respect we had built.
I said that would happen 20 years ago and that it would take about 20 years.
I haven't been to a football game is 8 - 9 years? And this will be the first year I haven't bought season tickets to basketball is 25 years. No more supporting crap for me.
4280237.jpg

That was an unusual amount of rain. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT