ADVERTISEMENT

Boring, ineffective, predictable offense

We have terrible special teams play, and our team has played flat and uninspired all night. Mullens is really off. Marshall is a fair team, not great by any measure of greatness, and maybe not even good. This is hard to watch.

How many times of running it up the middle on first down does it take to realize it's not working? Did we learn nothing from our Mississippi State or Nebraska losses when this wasn't working against them either?

Reactions: scotteagle
Like I said the team needs to go back to getting the fundamentals right because they are making way too many mistakes.

WTH????? Why is the world do we run it up the middle when everyone knows we CANNOT do that against anyone....WTH?????

A naked bootleg on 2nd and goal from the 2 would've been a walk-in TD for Mullens. Instead he hands it off for a one yard loss against a stacked line. I don't know if play-action near the goal is in Lindsey's vocabulary.

Reactions: scotteagle
Why the hell are we not giving Mathews a chance? Nick is bad off tonight. I like the guy, but he's not even close to getting the job done. This coaching staff waits way too late to make needed adjustments.

The Herd hasn't clicked all season. The D has kept us in the game but our offense has a long way to go. A lot of first year players.

How much was it that the herd D really played well or southern miss didnt execute? The herd was molesting mullens a long time

How much was it that the herd D really played well or southern miss didnt execute? The herd was molesting mullens a long time

Often the Marshall defense harassed Mullens but on several ocassions Mullens threw poor passes with not much pressure at all. He missed two probable TDs as a result.

Reactions: SosoDude
Was some talk from coach pre season I thought about a 2-QB system. This game was ripe for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT