ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

garynada

Starter
Jan 18, 2009
White GA
There is no doubt that NCAA penities hurt the program but maybe this team's performance seems below that. Sure the facility also plays a part. Small crowds not a basketball school but it is CUSA Basketball. I met Doc when the couches came to Madison (Huntsville) last year. To me he was the least professional coach that got off the bus. He was the clown of the crew. I have been critical of Hop but when you meet him he has the air of a head coach. With doc he just seem like a good drinking buddy in wrinkled clothes. I can see a kid's mom wanting their child to play for Hop, not sure that is the case with Doc. The reality is that Doc was hired to take the bullet of the NCAA deal but even there IMO he has under performed. Too bad with the AD change and the cord most likely will not be cut which extends the downward trend. A new young face or HC Spoon would generate some excitement and bring in better talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonesCountyEagle
Not defending Doc one way or the other here. Just stating some facts. We have our best player out for the year and our only big man out for the year too. That hurts an already weak team. Sitting out this year are two very talented guards and we have the best commitment in a long time coming in too. Doc is here to stay. So let's see what he can do next year as the talent increases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT