ADVERTISEMENT

9 scholarship players is a decided disadvantage, being exhausted is too, but

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
there is no shortage of grit in this little team. I am proud of the way they showed up for the tournament. Folks hate Doc, but he is not a poor coach at all, not the best choice to rebuild a fallen program in the sewer like we were, but still not a horrible coach.
NEXT YEAR....well....all 9 of our scholarship players are back. Our only senior is a walk-on and a modest contributor. We need taller players, or longer in the vernacular of the coaches, and even though we have seen better play and a marked improvement from Davis and Rowe neither is the answer. The 6-9 JUCO player who is red-shirting is a mystery and very little is known about him. He is a thick, physical player apparently and could be a force defensively down low but he has limited offensive skill. The 6-6, 6-7 wing players who can shoot and defend against the 3 are still missing....and I don't see any on the horizon. Nevertheless all 5 starters are back and all 5 will be seniors so we should be a much better. I like our chances next year in CUSA.

They're going to lose this one, but expectations are high for next year. I like the way they're playing here at the end of the year.

Reactions: scotteagle
They're going to lose this one, but expectations are high for next year. I like the way they're playing here at the end of the year.
Yes, a 10 point loss, and honestly, that is not nearly as bad as it could have been if the team had quit after badly loosing control of the first half.

I could not listen, so please tell me the half time score, and what was the closest we came to coming back?

Yes, a 10 point loss, and honestly, that is not nearly as bad as it could have been if the team had quit after badly loosing control of the first half.

I could not listen, so please tell me the half time score, and what was the closest we came to coming back?[/QUOTE

We fell behind big around the half, then closed some and then again in the second half by 25 or so....then amazingly closed to within 6 or so with a couple minutes or so...amazingly....we were exhausted except for Cortez, his engine runs all the time. He could play on any Eagle team of any era.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT