ADVERTISEMENT

We replaced UAB for the UK series...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
That is what I call taking advantage of an opportunity....maybe this was the only way to make it happen...

Well, I think that it is great that we are getting a quality SEC team to come to Hattiesburg I also think that we need to get someone at our school to do a far better job negotiating. $200,000.......come on, bush league.

Well, I think that it is great that we are getting a quality SEC team to come to Hattiesburg I also think that we need to get someone at our school to do a far better job negotiating. $200,000.......come on, bush league.
I think you are comparing an away game contract with a home and home contract here. It is common for a team to get traveling expenses only in a home and home contract, where an away only game would be sold for big bucks. Also, check out the fact that Kentucky gets zero for their game here. You are comparing apples and oranges. This is a very good contract for us. Excellent job by our AD.

I think you are comparing an away game contract with a home and home contract here. It is common for a team to get traveling expenses only in a home and home contract, where an away only game would be sold for big bucks. Also, check out the fact that Kentucky gets zero for their game here. You are comparing apples and oranges. This is a very good contract for us. Excellent job by our AD.

This is a great deal. First SEC team other than State or Ole Miss to come to Hattiesburg. Will help sell season tickets and by then the team should be back to a level where the game will be competitive.

Mike Slive can go jump in a lake.....he and no SEC team will play in Hattiesburg utter nonsense...yes I know he retired but give State credit for getting the ball rolling... he and all others that tried to block this from happening have failed. There were many that threw every excuse in the book why no SEC team would visit Hattiesburg can eat crow....

I'm fine with the Kentucky deal. It's a great to have a real team come to Hattiesburg.

Of course USM will continue to need "cash for slaughter" games too (i.e., Arkansas, Alabama, Nebraska.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT