ADVERTISEMENT

This economy is ready to explode...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
That's right. The economy is ready to take off and explode like never before in the history of this great country. We have more energy reserves than anywhere else in the world. All that needs to happen is for the government to just get out of the way. Stop the war on energy. Stop the war on coal and every other form of existing energy by getting rid of unnecessary regulations and opening up exploration.

Our export problem would be solved because we would be exporting energy in huge amounts. The terrorist countries would be hurt because the income from energy would go down and they would not be able to fund terror at the same rate anymore. Plus we would not be dependent on those countries anymore.

We have new forms of getting the energy out of the ground that are environmentally safe. If they take the chains off the American people in not just energy, but other business we will have an economy all over this country just like North Dakota has. They won't be having to demand high wages at McDonald's, the places will have to pay $20/hr just to get people to work there just as in N D.

Vote Obama and the obstructionist out. If you want to help the poor and everyone else, this is the way to do it. Or we can stay the way we are with the high poverty rate and the middle class can keep going under. America's choice.

Pretty sure that President Obama isn't running for a 3rd term. I believe that Hillary is running in 2016, and will in all probability be elected. You make some valid points, but I would prefer no drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. One mistake and more damage to an already damaged sea....Black/ Gold.

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
Pretty sure that President Obama isn't running for a 3rd term. I believe that Hillary is running in 2016, and will in all probability be elected. You make some valid points, but I would prefer no drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. One mistake and more damage to an already damaged sea....Black/ Gold.
If there was no drilling in the gulf of Mexico there would go 10% of the entire world's oil supplies. It all sounds good until you realize that your suddenly paying $10 per gallon.

Also what would the millions of people who work in the gulf oil businesses go. It would kill the economy of Texas. Take out about 10% of the economy of Mississippi (essentially knocking MS. into third world status) Raise the trade deficit by hundreds of billions, reducing the economy by several percentage points. Also reducing government income by tens of billions while adding millions to welfare rolls.

Actually your right. I wish Obama would do it. It would be such a disaster the libs would never be voted into office again.

Pensacola, the next election is not for President, its for Senators and Congress. So the way to "vote Obama and his obstructionist out" is to vote out the people who vote for all of those regulations. One election at a time. Obama will come next.

As to drilling in the Gulf, the worst problem we've ever had was caused because of environmental pressure to put in regulations to drill in deeper water. This caused problems when the leak had to be fixed. If the drilling was allowed closer inshore, it could have been fixed quickly and much less damage would have occurred. Once again, increased regulation results in more damage.

Eagleyed is right. So many times you libs say this or that should happen without thinking about the consequences. It would be a huge disaster to stop drilling in the Gulf. Just like Obamacare, just implement it and to hell with who it hurts, especially the poor and middle class. Meanwhile the Dems get on TV and pretend to care about the people their policies are hurting the most.

With liberalism its not about anything actually working, its about whether you care or not that matters. At least as a politician or poverty pimp you need to appear to care so you can increase your power and make millions off the people you are "helping."

I still support a ban on drilling in the Gulf. The risk is too high. A dead Gulf would have catastrophic consequences on the economies of the Gulf states, much less tap into an important food source. Perhaps, just perhaps, it is time to look for alternative fuel sources. It won't happen in any real form while there is such huge profits with fossil fuels. It was sickening to see the white beaches of my area corrupted with crud. Time to protect that.... Black/ Gold

I still support a ban on drilling in the Gulf. The risk is too high. A dead Gulf would have catastrophic consequences on the economies of the Gulf states, much less tap into an important food source. Perhaps, just perhaps, it is time to look for alternative fuel sources. It won't happen in any real form while there is such huge profits with fossil fuels. It was sickening to see the white beaches of my area corrupted with crud. Time to protect that.... Black/ Gold
Pensacola, if we were talking about a dead Gulf I would agree with you, but that's simply not the case. We recently had what is probably the worst case scenario and while every thing is not perfect, it is far from dead. If fact the damage is no where near the crisis that was predicted. Drill closer to shore and it will be even less if it ever happens again. We've been looking for alternative fuel sources for decades and spent huge amounts of money on it. They are not there. Maybe they will be someday, they are not there now, nor will they be anytime soon. What is here now is massive amounts of clean energy to be tapped that would create tens upon tens of thousands of jobs. Only Obama and the democrats will not let it happen. As to your white beaches, when the oil problem happened, I too was upset to see the crud. As to the beaches now, I have been several times lately and they were beautiful. I hope the "huge profits" that you libs are against keep happening. In fact, I hope there are new "huge profits" made in energy as the new technology is implemented. The best way to help the poor is not a government program. Its jobs that pay well, and Obama is doing everything he can to limit them.

PensacolaEagle, I am having to look for a new house now because of the policies of Obama and his War on Energy. In the next couple of years we can expect rolling brownouts because of his coal policies, not to mention higher electricity prices. We will need a house with a fireplace to make it through the cold spells without power. It will happen here in Florida and in other area of the country. Get ready. When the high demand hits, the supply will no longer be there because Obama and the libs are shutting down the electricity plants. All to prevent global warming that is not happening. It has been flat for 15 years, this even though CO2 is going up, up, up.

Why are you having to look for a new house, don't understand exactly what you are saying? Please explain....

Why are you having to look for a new house, don't understand exactly what you are saying? Please explain....
I am having to look for a new house because of Obama's war on energy. I don't have a fireplace now. In the next couple of years we in Florida will begin to see rolling brown outs because there will not be enough electricity during extreme cold spells. This will be happening in many other states too. I will need a fireplace for heat when the power is cut. There's nothing I can do if it's cut off during the summer, but I can do something in the winter.

Hopefully we can vote out those who are putting the coal plants out of business and limiting the electricity supply and driving up the cost. The problem is it will take years to reverse the damage caused by those politicians. Meanwhile, I need a fireplace to stay warm. And that's just me wanting to stay warm, I could go on an on about the lost jobs in the coal industry and the additional cost burden on business.

ADVERTISEMENT