ADVERTISEMENT

This coaching staff has serious issues. Serious issues.

SSME

BGN Hall of Fame
Oct 28, 2002
The team has been down two weeks knowing that Griggs was well enough to play but was being held out in favor another. THE LOCKER ROOM WAS "SILENT" BEFORE THE GAME. You could read body language all this season. If Howard was the best then so be it, but he is not. There has clearly been some favoritism for some reason. I think I know why, but I would like to know the whole truth>>>>>>>if such a thing is possible with these coaches. My confidence in this bunch is about shot. And you can read that in the players as well. They may play for each other the rest of the way, but not for these coaches, and not for players that don't deserve it.

There are some fans that deserve a bunch of this heat also. They put their personal interests ahead of the team. Look closely in the mirror, you.

Me personally I think the core reason why Howard is staying is is because we have him for the long term. He is a freshmen whereas Griggs is done next year.

Secondly, Hop said that before the season started Howard was winning the battle for QB.

What I think is Howard is a good player IN PRACTICE but as far as having the GAMEDAY MENTALITY it is Griggs. He’s played JUCO ball. That’s why I think Griggs should start in my opinion and give Howard time to develop. He just isn’t ready for D-1 football yet. I like him though but he needs time.

Howard is a soph, plus if the QB that gives you the best chance to win is ready and there is no red shirt involved, you play him. We have a not ready for prime time coaching staff and they are making piss poor decisions

Neither of these two QBs can take us where we need to go. Nor do I see our Coaching staff being hired away by a better program. We will become a middle of the pack C-USA team for many years.

Neither of these two QBs can take us where we need to go. Nor do I see our Coaching staff being hired away by a better program. We will become a middle of the pack C-USA team for many years.

We are and have been, with the exception of a few widely spaced seasons, a middle to lower rate program. This is the status quo,and it aint changing. We are on par with LA Tech, UAB, and Troy. End of story.

I think we have better players overall. We’ve just had so many transitions from the top down. I hope time will enable us to build a strong problem.

I also agree that UK and UT were winnable games if we had put Griggs in earlier.

This reminds me of Bower when he held onto Tommy Watters to long before he put in Heath Graham. We were wondering what was he waiting for. Then the same thing happened with Heath Graham until he finally put in Lee Roberts. As you know Lee Roberts was one of the better QB's in USM history. When Ailrick Young got hurt Jim Carmody skipped past the second string QB and put in a freshman named Brett Favre in the Tulane game. Maybe its time we see the freshman sitting on the bench.

Finish out with Griggs, next year you hope Miami Sound Machine challenges for the job. Howard is a good kid, but can’t get it done at that position in D1.

Howard as a H-back or Move Tight End position might work.

Or why not as a Slot in the traditional spread, as we know he has good hands from all those snaps.

He would need to learn to block in all these positions as I doubt he has ever done much of that (QB in Highschool)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT