ADVERTISEMENT

'the next Boise'

Yu-Es-Em

Recruit
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2017
For the longest time, I was one of the people who would give their left nut to be in the AAC. But here's why C-USA is not the worst place to be:

If you look at the Kentucky game, and I know this been been worn out, but if Kwadra started that game, I believe we win. All the sudden we're 3-0 with a North Texas team at home. Now this game we really just played bad. I don't know if Kwadra injured his hand and it affected him for most of the game, or he just sucked. But I will say that we were a much better team than them, and should have won. Pick up a solid road win against UTSA, and destroy UTEP at home and suddenly we’re 6-0 either ‘receiving votes’ or ranked in the top 25. Beat La Tech, and win a game against UAB and we are likely one of the frontrunners for the access bowl. Some of you may be saying no shit, if we go undefeated we will be in good shape. But the thing is, all these games are very winnable. As far as being in the AAC, they have to play eachother. USF was ranked #17 at the beginning of the season, and was killed off by its conference mates. As all of you know, the highest ranked G5 team gets access to a New Year’s Six Bowl. This year, it was #14 UCF. Most years, the access team will not have to be that highly rated. Most of the time, the best team will be hovering around #20-25. Heck, a few years ago, unranked Nevada made it to a BCS bowl. Would you rather our path to a big bowl game be #24 Houston, USF, Tulane, Temple, #14 UCF, Navy, or North Texas, La Tech, Charlotte, UTEP, UAB, UTSA? Look, I know a lot of those teams aren’t very exciting, and have bad brands, bad stadiums, and bad fan bases. But who cares about THEM. We can’t control THEM. We can only control what we do. Why can’t we be the Wichita State of football? Our path to relevance really is not that hard, and I believe it is easier than the teams in the AAC. Sure, we may not get the exposure they get, and our conference may be looked at as really bad, but I would rather play on Stadium Facebook all year, and show up on New Year’s Day on ABC to play an Auburn, USC, or a TCU. Boise State has recognized that staying in a weaker G5 conference is actually better than being in a better G5 conference. They turned down the AAC to stay in the Mountain West. They know what they have to do. Heck, they were 8-3 and ranked #25. Most years that will get you in the NY6 game. With 3 losses. I’m not saying if the AAC invites, we shouldn’t accept, but we are in a good place for football right now. Hopson is recruiting hard, and seems to be putting things together. Now I’m not saying we should paint our field yellow, but we actually have a great shot at being the ‘next Boise’. I also think creating a more regional conference with equally terrible teams will save money and could help us a lot. Let’s beat Florida State and get this ball rolling!

TTT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News