ADVERTISEMENT

Temporary seats for State game?

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
USM's stadium can hold 36,500, which won't be enough. There was a HA article last month addressing this issue in at least a small degree. I say you could add the extra 3,500 in the north end zone to make a even 40,000. Have you all heard or read any ideas. Remember the south end zone had about 3,000 seats for the Nebraska game in 2003, which also required a season ticket.

USM's stadium can hold 36,500, which won't be enough. There was a HA article last month addressing this issue in at least a small degree. I say you could add the extra 3,500 in the north end zone to make a even 40,000. Have you all heard or read any ideas. Remember the south end zone had about 3,000 seats for the Nebraska game in 2003, which also required a season ticket.
I remember many years ago when temp seating was installed in the north end zone for a Jackson State game. Only the number wasn't anywhere near 3,000 I don't think. Don't see why it couldn't be done again.

The ones in 2002(JSU) and 2003 (Nebraska) looked sturdy and a nice addition. I don't have a picture but there is a video on youtube from the 2003 NU game. The seats held 3,000.

First game is getting closer, 70-something days away. I hope we have a plan for extra seats. It may be a once in a lifetime chance to see USM/MSU in Hattiesburg.

i was reading that if you try to get tickets for the State game there are only about 1,000 left not including visiting fans sections/band. So I coukld really see seats in the North End Zone. Remember 3,000 temp seats were in place for Nebraska and JSU.

So since there will NOT be temporary seats for this game, does this actually mean those top corners will be filled now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT