ADVERTISEMENT

Special election ordered for Mayor of Hattiesburg

If that old judge had any nads he would have issued a directed ruling declaring Ware the winner. But I guess Dupree could have appealed that.

I'm scared this will just allow Dupree and (un)Fairley to rally the troops for this election. No way they let this one end up any where near as close as the last.
Hopefully I am wrong and the people of Hattiesburg can see what is going on and vote accordingly.

Eagles Has Landed, that is my worry too. I just hope either the Secretary of State's office or AG's office is on hand at least for the counting of the votes but would prefer them at the precincts to make sure people are voting where they should.

SOS office will be there and at the precincts. They will most likely stay at the precincts until all the absentees and affidavits are counted. They then should follow the box back to the clerk's office or city hall.

Unfortunately, the SOS office has no police power in this process. They will be on strict instructions not to interfere with the voting process or answer questions. The observers can only observe and write a report of what they see. Said report will then be given to the AG and the legislature.

Hopefully, the AG's office will send observers. Hopefully.

Originally posted by WastinawaynNitChampsburg:

If that old judge had any nads he would have issued a directed ruling declaring Ware the winner. But I guess Dupree could have appealed that.
I feel certain Dupree's team will appeal this decision to hold a special election. This process has just begun. I'm betting we are several months (at least) from a special election...IF we get to that point.

Originally posted by Eaglebird Humperdink:

Originally posted by WastinawaynNitChampsburg:

I feel certain Dupree's team will appeal this decision to hold a special election. This process has just begun. I'm betting we are several months (at least) from a special election...IF we get to that point.
I think you are right about that, but I'm wondering if they will be able to find an appellate judge that will grant an injunction to prevent the special election from going forward as ordered.

At this point why would they...the judge pretty much said the absentee/affidavits ballots were crooked and the fingers were all pointed at the Dupree campaign. It now looks as if the Hattiesburg election commission and poll workers have been taken out of the special election. Ii like Ware's chances.

pretty sure the white vote was maxed out last time around. This one will be a landslide for Dupree. Book it!! Dupree camp caught napping last time. There will be more votes for Dupree this time than there are registered voters in the entire city
smile.r191677.gif

Although it may seem hard to believe, Hattiesburg is about 50 percent white and 47 percent black inside the city limits. I'm not sure how those percentages work out for registered voters, but whites will generally be registered at a slightly higher rate.

Ware has a good chance if he can turn out his voters and keep the voter fraud to a minimum. If voters actually had to show ID to vote, Ware would win in a landslide.
This post was edited on 8/15 9:27 PM by Catfish

Originally posted by USM96TTT:
Eagles Has Landed, that is my worry too. I just hope either the Secretary of State's office or AG's office is on hand at least for the counting of the votes but would prefer them at the precincts to make sure people are voting where they should.
The court should order that poll workers from another county be hired to run the polls during this special election.

if our boy phil has any nuts, he will bring in poll workers from another area. That is the only way ware will have a chance

Originally posted by Catfish:
Although it may seem hard to believe, Hattiesburg is about 50 percent white and 47 percent black inside the city limits. I'm not sure how those percentages work out for registered voters, but whites will generally be registered at a slightly higher rate.

Ware has a good chance if he can turn out his voters and keep the voter fraud to a minimum. If voters actually had to show ID to vote, Ware would win in a landslide.

This post was edited on 8/15 9:27 PM by Catfish
Ahh there is about to be a big push to register students. Mainly along frat row. School was out on June 4.

johnny ben signing em up ever since last election. Voter registration should be retro to the last election

ADVERTISEMENT