ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Mabus

He does not need to come back to Mississippi in Jan 2013. He was a terrible Governor and my guess a bad Sec of the Navy as well. Sorry but I am not proud that he is from Mississippi

He did nothing much as Gov and probably still doesn't. No wonder we beat hell outta Navy. He is the sec.

so either tell us what he did or didn't do or don't post because I have no clue what you are Mitching about
question.gif

I imagine people are upset because while being interviewed, the reporter askes him who he was cheering for, and he said, "I love Southern Mississippi, but I'm the Secretary of the Navy and these are my boys."

As for what he did as governor, I have no idea. My family didn't live in this state back then, so I defer to yall.

Originally posted by RaptorBpW:
I imagine people are upset because while being interviewed, the reporter askes him who he was cheering for, and he said, "I love Southern Mississippi, but I'm the Secretary of the Navy and these are my boys.

REALLY? Is that why everyone is so mad? He's the Secretary of the NAVY what would want him to say?

Some of y'all have way too big of a chip on your shoulder.

I don't think he said " I love Southern Miss " but I love Southern Mississippi" and then followed it with " but I am the Secretary of the Navy and these are my boys" or something to that effect. Navy then had a good play and he almost jumped out of his pants. He is an asshole, dosen't give a crap about Southern Mississippi or Southern Miss and he needs to stay in Washington where he can sell his influence peddling while there is a democratic administration. He cannot ever be elected to another statewide office in Mississippi and he knows it.

Originally posted by All Eagle:
I don't think he said " I love Southern Miss " but I love Southern Mississippi" and then followed it with " but I am the Secretary of the Navy and these are my boys" or something to that effect. Navy then had a good play and he almost jumped out of his pants. He is an asshole, dosen't give a crap about Southern Mississippi or Southern Miss and he needs to stay in Washington where he can sell his influence peddling while there is a democratic administration. He cannot ever be elected to another statewide office in Mississippi and he knows it.

that about sums it up.

throw that in with doing nothin to help southern miss when he had the oportunity to do so, and you just about have it.

also, don't underplay his 'jumping out of his pants' on that long run.

compare him with Gov. Fordice when he flew some friends up to Army's Homecoming vs. USM. we got a big win, 37 - 13 or so, and the reporters started in on him about using the State Plane.

he ignored that question to talk about how Southern Miss 'ruined army's homecoming.'

if you're gonna be a politician, be a Southern Miss backin politician.

Hey STU...the guy is an idiot. He has every right to claim BOTH teams equally together, not one over the other as being from Mississippi and our former gov.

I highly doubt he would have said that had "The Bears" been playing Navy today.

He's an arsehole for saying that. Period.

This thread is kinda immature. I can't lie.

Dude is the Sec of the Navy. Of course he's going to root for Navy...AT THEIR STADIUM.

He also said a lil blurb about Southern Miss. MS only has 3M residents....and I'm confident only a small fraction would even be able to explain his politickin'.

I had to think hard to see if he did anything offensive. Looks like this is more political than anything. Surprising it isn't in the Hub....

Originally posted by hometown_eagle:
Are you freaking serious, Eaglewhosayni??!!! He is the damn secretary of the Navy. What is he supposed to say?
What a shocker. USM gets a huge win, and all you're doing is try to pick fights over some BS.

I have seen some silly post on this board, but this one takes the cake. Much-ado about nothing. He is the Sect of the Navy. He is standing in their stadium. He lives in that town and you expect him to say he is pulling for Southern Miss? Are you kidding me? And to say he is not a good politician, what has that got to do with it? He is not supposed to be, his job is to oversee the Navy, and not play politics. The fact of the matter is, no one gives a crap who he is for to start with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT