ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ware - Dupree trial

alabaster eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Jul 8, 2003
looks to be heating up this morning. People testifying about fear of losing their job over testimony.

@Munzly and @DavidCBreland providing blow by blow on twitter

Watching the video feed. Rev Fairley's son made a hand gesture to tell the Hattiesburg patriot he thought their coverage was number 1!!!

Originally posted by WastinawaynNitChampsburg:

Watching the video feed. Rev Fairley's son made a hand gesture to tell the Hattiesburg patriot he thought their coverage was number 1!!!

Haha, which one? I graduated with vaston and know Kenny jr. Surprisingly Kenny jr is a pretty nice dude . I was gonna say good but the whole mortgage flipping scheme would contradict me.

"Like" Rachel Beech WDAM on FB, she has been at the courthouse and keeps pretty good updates

Caption time!
1091858_493320630745797_735011708_n.png

haha, i graduated with vaston. He s not all bad, just never been accused of having much common sense.

Originally posted by Greenwood Eagle:
Interesting stuff.
Hate that Dukes is representing Dupree.
Have seen it mentioned that Dukes is there as an observer in his capacity representing the Sheriff's Dept. It seems he might have some more work to do after this trial.

Dukes is not there as an observer and the sheriffs department is not a party in the case.

I am sure Al an Jesse have their personal planes on standby. Either way this is not going to end well

Originally posted by All Eagle:
Dukes is not there as an observer and the sheriffs department is not a party in the case.
That's what was reported by the Hattiesburg Patriot. Perhaps their information is wrong. Additionally, several readers commented that Dukes came in just before the trial began in anticipation of allegations that would be made against county employees.

Might just be coffee shop talk but several have said he isn't counsel for DuPree.

I wonder what the word is around sports 22 tonight????? Maybe Tee should call up plukie and return the favor lol

Expect the jury decision to be 7 - 5 and a mistrial. May be wrong but that's my opinion. We shall see whenever they finish deliberating.

Well I missed the actual count by one but I was correct in that it is a MISTRIAL.

This is truly disgusting.

Originally posted by APOLLOEagle:
Well I missed the actual count by one but I was correct in that it is a MISTRIAL.

This is truly disgusting.
The odds of a 7-5 mistrail were slim. A 7-5 vote would have required tampering or intimidation of two jurors instead of one in order to swing the vote. With a 7-5 vote probably falling along racial lines, intimidation would have been much harder to posit. With an 8-4 vote at least one black juror voted in favor of Ware which could lend credence to intimidation by either side. Either Ware's side intimidating the one black Yes vote or Dupree's side intimidating one of the other three black No votes. A 7-5 vote without the suspicion of tampering would've made Dupree the mayor.

If the accusations of witness tampering were valid, the judge made a mistake in requiring the jurors to provide their vote openly to everyone present. He should've required them to privately reveal their votes in the open court to reduce the risk of juror tampering by private or public coersion.

Originally posted by APOLLOEagle:
Expect the jury decision to be 7 - 5 and a mistrial. May be wrong but that's my opinion. We shall see whenever they finish deliberating.
i agree.

This post was edited on 8/31 4:20 AM by Satsuma Eagle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT