ADVERTISEMENT

OT---Gay basketball player? WHO CARES!!!!!

loudmouthpoet

Redshirt
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2012
The lead story on ABC news tonight was that some NBA player "outs" himself? I am wrong here, or does anyone really give a damn about his sexuality? I don't want to hear it. I could care less what this guy does behind closed doors, except I really don't care and I don't want to hear about it. I wonder if he cares about my sex life? I doubt it. So, why should I care about his?

I have an announcement for everyone on this board: I'm heterosexual!!!! Does anyone care????

I believe that "gay acceptance" in society is a large issue. It is being seen as on par with integration by some national leaders and commentators. The world is changing and unfortunately this will only create more discussion on this topic until homosexuals are given the right to marry and have the same rights as heterosexual partners. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant because the majority in this country will push for this to come to fruition. We have reached just the tip of the iceberg in regards to national coverage on this topic.

I guess it's a good thing there is no Tight End in basketball.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Collins is the first player in the big 4 sports to come out while still playing. If you can't see why that's a big deal, then I don't know what to tell you. And the outpouring of support for him today has been amazing to see. I really wish it wasn't a big deal and eventually we will get to a point that it will be a non story, but at this point in time, it still is a major story.

In my opinion, fine. He did it. Congrats. But stop wasting 45 minutes of Sportscenter on it.

Originally posted by loudmouthpoet:
The lead story on ABC news tonight was that some NBA player "outs" himself? I am wrong here, or does anyone really give a damn about his sexuality? I don't want to hear it. I could care less what this guy does behind closed doors, except I really don't care and I don't want to hear about it. I wonder if he cares about my sex life? I doubt it. So, why should I care about his?

I have an announcement for everyone on this board: I'm heterosexual!!!! Does anyone care????
Obviously you do since you brought it up.

Loudmouth poet, you remind me of Babe Ruth's gay brother Gabe Ruth.

Originally posted by eagleboy415:
In my opinion, fine. He did it. Congrats. But stop wasting 45 minutes of Sportscenter on it.
I know right?! I really needed another 45 minutes about Tim Tebow instead of that.

Originally posted by LowEagle11:
Originally posted by eagleboy415:
I know right?! I really needed another 45 minutes about Tim Tebow instead of that.
Or the Boston Marathon bombing.

Seinfeld_not_anything_wrong_small.jpg

Jerry: We're not gay!... not that there's anything wrong with that.

George: No, of course not.

Jerry: I mean it's fine if that's who you are.

George: Absolutely!

Jerry: I mean I have many gay friends.

George: My father's gay.

Homosexuality is a perversion and an abomination before God, yet society is happy to openly welcome all homosexual activity as normal and wholesome, as is homosexual marriage being pushed similarly. Marriage between a man and a woman is the bedrock of society and maintains propagation of the human race, yet is being torn apart by the "gay"(I hate that word) community. Our world is sick.

This ought to open the door to the closet. Wonder how many more players come out?

Originally posted by J-Eagle:
Homosexuality is a perversion and an abomination before God, yet society is happy to openly welcome all homosexual activity as normal and wholesome, as is homosexual marriage being pushed similarly. Marriage between a man and a woman is the bedrock of society and maintains propagation of the human race, yet is being torn apart by the "gay"(I hate that word) community. Our world is sick.

here we go

This post was edited on 4/29 9:44 PM by Medic_Eagle

Originally posted by Medic_Eagle:

This post was edited on 4/29 9:44 PM by Medic_Eagle
Reminds me of a phrase my grandmother once said; "a kicked dog always barks." Talk about "gay"...

Spoken like a true Muslim.... Black/ Gold

It is one of the few things Christians, Muslims, and Jews agree on...of course...those who are orthodox in their faith. The idea that this guy is a hero is nuts, the media, the league commissioners, and the POTUS all doting/cheering for you really doesn't call for courage, does it? The one with real courage is Chris Broussard. he will likely be fired. You can't speak your faith or your conscience these days.Too bad, really, for our world . The new fascism, as David Horowitz demonstrated in his seminal work, is that of the left. There is nothing liberal about liberals anymore. Ironic and sad.

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
It must really hurt to be as unaware of right and wrong as you are, son. Perhaps you will wake up to reality one day. I doubt it, though. One thing you are really good at, however, is showing your disdain for white Christians like me.

It must really hurt to be as unaware of right and wrong as you are, son. Perhaps you will wake up to reality one day. I doubt it, though. One thing you are really good at, however, is showing your disdain for white Christians like me.
Let him without sin cast the first stone..one of my favorite actions/lessons that Christ taught.... it had to deal with sex also...Black/ Gold

Let him without sin cast the first stone..one of my favorite actions/lessons that Christ taught.... it had to deal with sex also...Black/ Gold
You conveniently forgot about the rest of that event where He also said "go, and sin no more." Homosexual apologists are probably the last ones who should be quoting scripture.

You conveniently forgot about the rest of that event where He also said "go, and sin no more." Homosexual apologists are probably the last ones who should be quoting scripture.
I also really live by the teaching of removing the plank from my own eye before removing the splinter from my neighbor.... great truth wouldn't you agree?.... Black/ Gold

Sure. But you condemn the sin, not the sinner. Homosexuality is wrong. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. But secular society is trying to legitimize it and recognize the activity as good and wholesome behavior, and it's not. My whole point here.

I'm done trying to convince you otherwise.

As long as we are quoting the Bible...

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you. --Deuteronomy 22:20,21 KJV.

Can't turn a hoe into a house wife, Hoes don't act right. --- Ludacris

This thread makes me sad in so many ways.

We can't let the guy come out and be the first truly open gay sports athlete in the big 3 sports and announce it because it's horrible, and abomination, etc.

But if someone were to be upset with Timmy Tim Tim and his overwhelmingly public Christian stance, you'd berate them.

Just...*sigh

What's truly sad is when a fallen soldier comes home and all the family gets is a US flag and a lowly basketball player thats not even on a team comes "out" and gets a congratulatory phone call from the president. wow what has this country become.

Originally posted by Standing in EE:

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
It's much easier to be a black gay man than a white Christian these days.
That is the most ignorant statement I've ever read.
Sure it seems crazy, but sadly, it's 100% true. If you're black, you can get a free education to be anything you want to be if you're willing to work for it. I'll spend most of my life paying back student loans. Gays are celebrated and adored by the media, while Christians are mocked and ridiculed. Yes, it's disgusting, but that's what liberalism has turned America into.

Originally posted by Standing in EE:

It's much easier to be a black gay man than a white Christian these days.
That is the most ignorant statement I've ever read.
Sure it seems crazy, but sadly, it's 100% true. If you're black, you can get a free education to be anything you want to be if you're willing to work for it. I'll spend most of my life paying back student loans. Gays are celebrated and adored by the media, while Christians are mocked and ridiculed. Yes, it's disgusting, but that's what liberalism has turned America into.
Another example to prove my point...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/03/todd-american-dispatch-christian-bakery-closes-after-lgbt-threats-protests/?test=latestnews

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT